Carlton Pro Am 12 rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
KEW

KEW

That above post was before I saw your post.

OP
OP
KEW

KEW

Here is just a very brief update. I have assembled my bike with parts just temporarily borrowed from bits lying around at my grandfather's house, so the bike is "compete". I will slowly replace the parts with the originals. Here's a pic:
WP_20150906_17_50_30_Pro.jpg

What do ya think?

OP
OP
KEW

KEW

The mechs, seat post and handlebar stem are original. The handlebars are actually off of a 1978/9 Corsair, these may stay on the bike.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Also, it is a dream to ride, feels great. ATM weighs around 21/2 pounds (10 kg)
They have a lovely 'feel' don't they
Here is just a very brief update. I have assembled my bike with parts just temporarily borrowed from bits lying around at my grandfather's house, so the bike is "compete". I will slowly replace the parts with the originals. Here's a pic: View attachment 102925
What do ya think?
Very nice

OP
OP
KEW

KEW

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm sure it's a very simple question, but, what is the part called that fixes a pump to a frame. On the Carlton it is supposed to have a cup like attachment to secure the pump between the "cup attachment"and the bottom of the down tube.

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm sure it's a very simple question, but, what is the part called that fixes a pump to a frame. On the Carlton it is supposed to have a cup like attachment to secure the pump between the "cup attachment"and the bottom of the down tube.
I would call it a cycle pump retaining clip . My Carlton has or should have two screw on clips mounted on the seat tube ,one has broken.

Top Bottom