carlton question again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

midlife

Guru
Is that a Carerra made by ex Carlton employees ? I've had a mental block. If so quite rare 531c and if in good nick sell well, especially if fitted with reasonable parts...

Shaun

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Is that a Carerra made by ex Carlton employees ? I've had a mental block. If so quite rare 531c and if in good nick sell well, especially if fitted with reasonable parts...

Shaun
I don't know how l would find out if it was made by ex Carlton people. It just has a quality look about it at least to my untrained eyes. It seems to have Shimano brakes and all the gear equipment, would that be correct for a mid '80s Carleton ? It does look very good especially in that colour !

midlife

Guru
I don't know how l would find out if it was made by ex Carlton people. It just has a quality look about it at least to my untrained eyes. It seems to have Shimano brakes and all the gear equipment, would that be correct for a mid '80s Carleton ? It does look very good especially in that colour !

Sorry, I was confused as usual. The frames made by ex Carlton Employees were Columbia.

The Carlton Carerra was a Nottingham built lightweight section frame. Nice though

Shaun

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
@woodbutcher I noticeably tbe adds you post are for Raleigh or Carlton, are you looking for a UK classic in particular? I do n't see S W France as " Raleigh country": which may be an advantage as no one wants one or may be a problem as no one is selling one.

Have you tried Leboncoin.fr . There is a nice looking sirocco in Landes and a few others

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1090840465.htm?ca=12_s
Why didn't l think of Leboncoin.fr. You are right,l have a liking for Carleton/ Raleigh and l don't really have the option of buying in the UK. I will start some serious searching...thanks for the suggestion !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Sorry, I was confused as usual. The frames made by ex Carlton Employees were Columbia.

The Carlton Carerra was a Nottingham built lightweight section frame. Nice though

Shaun
Thanks Shaun, l will watch this one and maybe make an offer, l must admit that l would love to buy it but not so sure if €500 is a bit steep !

Why didn't l think of Leboncoin.fr. You are right,l have a liking for Carleton/ Raleigh and l don't really have the option of buying in the UK. I will start some serious searching...thanks for the suggestion !

If Bordeaux is SW enough for you, Carlton built, 531 and Shimano Arabesque

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1087292633.htm?ca=12_s

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Wow that is really kind of you, l will get some quotes for shipping from UK to France ....and start trawling e bay, where there's a will there's a way!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Wow that is really kind of you, l will get some quotes for shipping from UK to France ....and start trawling e bay, where there's a will there's a way!

looking at e bay and gumtree there are people bringing loads of bikes across the channel and selling in the uk , so they must source them fairly easily

Top Bottom