The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As you trawl through the internet for that next gem, I'm sure, like myself, you come across items that are so outrageously priced or badly advertised that you wonder if these people ever make a sale.
We've got two current "of interest" threads going, but I didn't want to clutter those up with crap so I thought why not start one for dodgy deals?
I'm not talking about the Baines Flying Gate currently on offer for £2950 cos' for all I know that could be what it's worth.
No I'm talking about the chancer who is advertising the Raleigh Record Sprint road ace team professional 1035 reynolds - his words. The frame isn't even genuine!
"...completely re-built on a brand-new hand made polished alloy wheelset" [by Raleigh Trubuild!] and all for the pricey.. er I mean princely, sum of £250.
Or how about this? The only picture accompanying a sale for a Carrera GT 531 frame.
$_57.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
and the seller hasnt even included the magic words IE L'eroica

raleighnut

Legendary Member
including the new wheels!
Yep, cheap crap, he'd have been better off cleaning up/re-rimming the originals.
Funny thing is he's probably not making much of a profit on the bike, I probably spent £350 on my Equipe (not including the Brooks or the Carradice) and I'd never get that back if I sold it but it was built for me (and by me) to ride (plus the 105 kit is a bit much but I like it.

002.JPG

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
must admit its fairly local and i am tempted to go for it just for the bits bolted to it as the forks dont look right either and its a large size frame

Just don't risk a test ride!! :B)

Top Bottom