Carlton Resto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Carlton Flier

Carlton Flier

Über Member
:biggrin: Not much to add regarding the Carlton Clubman only I,v been buying/collecting some NOS parts inc chrome bits/bobs,10 mtrs black cloth tape,a couple of bar ends,2 wheels,,a pair of tyres & inner tubes, and some gear cables :biggrin: regards Carlton Flier.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Love to see some pictures of the components!
biggrin.gif

e-rider

crappy member
that frame must surely be about to rust through and snap - I've had a few old frames including a Mercian from 60s and an Armstrong from the 1950s. Everyone has ended the same way; snapped at the headtube-downtube interface.

airbrake

Very interesting project :smile:

Considering how little of the stem was inserted, it put up a tough fight !

I have a 1966 Supercourse (refinished by Carlton but with 'Record' decals). It was also rusty - but fortunately everything came apart easily.

OP
OP
Carlton Flier

Carlton Flier

Über Member
that frame must surely be about to rust through and snap - I've had a few old frames including a Mercian from 60s and an Armstrong from the 1950s. Everyone has ended the same way; snapped at the headtube-downtube interface.
:hello: I don,t know where you get your info from apart from the pictures I,v posted but the frame is solid as a rock with surface rust only & paint damage which will be bead blasted off. The headstock is very strong & solid BUT if it ever breaks off you will be the first to know!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
:biggrin: Yes they are I bought the last pair that were on offer from J E James in Chesterfield :biggrin:
Aha! I bought some with quick release for my Carlton Corsa, but the rear keeps slipping in the dropouts so need to buy some with solid axles...

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Aha! I bought some with quick release for my Carlton Corsa, but the rear keeps slipping in the dropouts so need to buy some with solid axles...

Have you tried packing the axle with a couple of washers?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
They axles are already a tight squeeze in the dropouts so don't think we could fit any washers in. I will start a thread with pics soon!

OP
OP
Carlton Flier

Carlton Flier

Über Member
They axles are already a tight squeeze in the dropouts so don't think we could fit any washers in. I will start a thread with pics soon!
:biggrin: Just bought another Carlton for some nice little bits/bobs for my Clubman Special :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg