Carlton Stadium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BonnieBikesUK

I have a carlton stadium in great condition but I'm looking for info on a spelling mistake on front badge decal. It's the vertical badge but it says "worksop" instead of workshop! I've only put it up for sale and never realised this was the case until I was reviewing photos I took. I know the bike to be genuine and not a fake. Anyone have info? And anyone have any information what so ever on the bike? Would he cool to find some more about it

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_231836_446.jpg
    IMG_20210720_231836_446.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210720_231836_482.jpg
    IMG_20210720_231836_482.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210720_231836_552.jpg
    IMG_20210720_231836_552.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210720_231836_568.jpg
    IMG_20210720_231836_568.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 20

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a carlton stadium in great condition but I'm looking for info on a spelling mistake on front badge decal. It's the vertical badge but it says "worksop" instead of workshop! I've only put it up for sale and never realised this was the case until I was reviewing photos I took. I know the bike to be genuine and not a fake. Anyone have info? And anyone have any information what so ever on the bike? Would he cool to find some more about it
Worksop is the town name, not a spelling mistake.
https://www.bassetlaw.gov.uk/about-us/history-of-bassetlaw/history-of-worksop/

Last edited:
:welcome:
You are not the only one to think that. My Sun Mist back in the 60's also had Worksop on it . It shows that it was built in a good place .

Have a look on the left hand rear dropout , that is where the rear axle bolts through if you are not familiar with the terminology for a frame number. It looks very similar to my Carlton Clubman . The style of graphics suggest 1980's period .

Your bike looks really nice .
Just read an old thread . A fellow member had a similar frame which was made of Truwel tubing. Electric seam welded which they said had the same qualities as 531 but cheaper to make . My Falcon Black Diamond is made from the same material and rides really well .
So similar in style to the Carlton Clubman but with a few differences, frame material, dropouts and lugs, late 70's/80's.

OP
OP
B

BonnieBikesUK

Hi guys, feel rather stupid that I didn't realise that it was where it was built (worksop) haha. But any neat info on the stadiums would still be cool!

OP
OP
B

BonnieBikesUK

Your bike looks really nice .
Just read an old thread . A fellow member had a similar frame which was made of Truwel tubing. Electric seam welded which they said had the same qualities as 531 but cheaper to make . My Falcon Black Diamond is made from the same material and rides really well .
So similar in style to the Carlton Clubman but with a few differences, frame material, dropouts and lugs, late 70's/80's.
Thanks for that! Wasn't sure exact age, knew it was around 70s, but early 80s would make sense

OP
OP
B

BonnieBikesUK

Have a look on the left hand rear dropout , that is where the rear axle bolts through if you are not familiar with the terminology for a frame number. It looks very similar to my Carlton Clubman . The style of graphics suggest 1980's period .
Yeah know my terminology! Will post frame number a little later. I restore vintage bikes and do a lot of second hand bike sales and repairs, but still a young guy who wants to soak up as much knowledge as possible on all bikes I work/worked on

Top Bottom