Carnac Notus - Planet X - £20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I saw that but ordered a Carnac Podium Road SL instead. Should be with me tomorrow.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'd always be wary of any "mail order" helmet. Like shoes, helmets strike me as something much better tried on before buying.
But perhaps I just have weirdly deformed feet and an odd head :crazy:

vickster

Legendary Member
OK to buy online if free returns, if not (like PX IIRC), it'll cost you around £6 to return an ill-fitting helmet :smile:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Planet X have lots of great offers at the moment, but don't forget you don't get free p+p till you reach £80

vickster

Legendary Member
If you pay with Paypal you can now claim your returns postage back from Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I used it recently when returning something to Merlin Cycles, had my returns postage back in my Paypal account within 2 days. :smile:
I avoid PayPal if at all possible after they screwed me over on an eBay fraud a few years back

OP
OP
Blue Hills
thanks for that andy had forgotten. maybe had the idea that it only applied to stuff bought from individuals, not businesses.

I am very pleased with it, can't find anything to dislike and it looks the business. Ideally a bug mesh would be great though.
there are two reasons to wear a helmet.
  1. To fit in with roadie pelotons/placate loved ones/comply with Australian laws.
  2. To protect your head.
If your reason falls into the first category, then you can take a review from a user who is talking about looks and comfort. If you want to protect your head, then Snell approved helmets have a better chance of doing that than other helmets.

Just sayin'

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
How about "I have taken a good look at it and am personally satisfied that it will offer me as much protection as I am likely to require in the sort of circumstances where a polystyrene helmet might offer any sort of protection".

Top Bottom