Carnac Road bike helmet on a budget - best for ventilation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrian.collins

Good day to you!
I'm after a replacement helmet (on a budget!) - I like the look of the Planet X Carnac helmets as below
They look light and are cheap, and I've seen some good reviews of them
My question is, any thoughts on these? I always seem to get too warm, so I am looking for something lightweight and with maximum ventilation

I'm not particularly fussed about aero, I am more about getting out there and just enjoying a 40-60 mile ride (or whatever)
Many thanks
1668266772471.png

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HECAPODSL/carnac-podium-sl-road-helmet
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HECANOTUS/carnac-notus-road-helmet
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HECACROIX/carnac-croix-road-helmet

fraz101

I have the Notus,very comfortable, no problems with over heating.

Great price also.

Jameshow

Veteran
I have the croix and it's been as good if not better than the giro I had before it.

I had no problems over heating even in the 40° heat over the summer down south.

OP
OP
adrian.collins

adrian.collins

I have the croix and it's been as good if not better than the giro I had before it.

I had no problems over heating even in the 40° heat over the summer down south.

Wow, that's amazing! Many thanks for the info, seems like a no brainer to try one in that case! Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Thought I‘d give one a try. Good value for money (although not what I’d call light but I use a Kask) but didn’t fit my head at all so cost me in postage, downside of buying helmets online

OP
OP
adrian.collins

adrian.collins

Thought I‘d give one a try. Good value for money (although not what I’d call light but I use a Kask) but didn’t fit my head at all so cost me in postage, downside of buying helmets online

Oh dear, yes it is trial and error to be fair!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So long as they fit ! I've found the measurements spot on for my noggin, and currently have one XC helmet and two MTB trail lids from PX. Nice and cheap and not worried if I whack them of a few branches (which happens alot). I'd deffo get a road one but have a stupid expensive Bell Volt :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
So long as they fit ! I've found the measurements spot on for my noggin, and currently have one XC helmet and two MTB trail lids from PX. Nice and cheap and not worried if I whack them of a few branches (which happens alot). I'd deffo get a road one but have a stupid expensive Bell Volt :laugh:

Just totally wrong shape. Far too narrow, looked ridiculous perched on my noggin!

wonderloaf

Veteran
I've got 3 Carnac helmets and a Giro Foray, the Carnac's are lighter, better ventilated and more comfortable than the Giro. In actual fact I've got the light blue Croix as shown in your original post and it's my 'go to' helmet. I'm thinking of asking Mrs W to get me another one for Xmas (quite like the red one) but she says ' Why so many helmets, you've only got one head!'

Top Bottom