Carol Vorderman, what has happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
I knew that this would result in everyone slagging me off; any I actually greatly admire the work Carol does for Air Cadets, and I have a thick skin. Enjoy!
So you agree with her promoting the military to children while judging her for doing what she wants with her body. I just don't get how some peoples minds work.

D

Deleted member 26715

:popcorn:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
So you agree with her promoting the military to children while judging her for doing what she wants with her body. I just don't get how some peoples minds work.
Nothing wrong with promoting the military to children, we need one and they will need recruits.

However, this obsession with a woman's looks is downright insulting, especially when the people writing these stories in the press are mostly ugly, unfit, overweight alcoholic slobs themselves.

fossala

Guru
Perfectly, it is a decent career option for those who fancy it. Nobody is forced to join.
Of course it is, that's why the the upper classes join the military by the masses. Not only that if it is such a good career option why does it need the constant propaganda?

My guess is that without depriving the working class of a decent living and education they'd struggle to fill the positions needed to carry out our "foreign policy".

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
[QUOTE 5577794, member: 9609"]where is the misogyny ? I certainly don't see any. Usual suspects getting all offended on the behalf of others, but no misogyny.[/QUOTE]
At this point I think I have to suggest that you just don’t know why misogyny is, rather than it isn’t going on.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
[QUOTE 5577812, member: 9609"]so where has there been any of this in this thread.?

misogyny
/mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)ni/
noun
  1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
[/QUOTE]
Im not going to get into a debate with you. If you feel they are wrong you should probably report it, discussion like this doesnt last long here.

[QUOTE 5577812, member: 9609"]so where has there been any of this in this thread.?

misogyny
/mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)ni/
noun
  1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
[/QUOTE]
It's a discussion about womens' looks. It's more of the same judging women by how they look, mostly by men. I suppose you could have a serious discussion about whether Vorderman promotes this discussion deliberately and why but such threads, on this forum, are unlikely to get much past the level of this one and you're pretty much on a slippery slope straight away. So in the interest of inclusion such threads are usually discouraged here and closed down. Now the same thread on Mumsnet might be an entirely different matter. I look forward to you joining and starting it.

I had buy MIL her Daily Mail (honestly) and on the front was a picture of Carol Vorderman. I remember her as an attractive lady, in this picture she looks like one of the cartoons on American WWII aircraft.
I didn’t read the article, so don’t know if there’s a reason. In my opinion, what a shame.

It's a discussion about womens' looks. It's more of the same judging women by how they look, mostly by men. I suppose you could have a serious discussion about whether Vorderman promotes this discussion deliberately and why but such threads, on this forum, are unlikely to get much past the level of this one and you're pretty much on a slippery slope straight away. So in the interest of inclusion such threads are usually discouraged here and closed down. Now the same thread on Mumsnet might be an entirely different matter. I look forward to you joining and starting it.

[QUOTE 5577837, member: 9609"]No its not[/QUOTE]

Do you have reading difficulties? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom