carpet cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

Crankarm said:
Why not get another boot carpet from a scrappers for £5?

Two reasons, it's bonded to the car so I'd have to replace all the various plastic pieces that make up the boot and second it's damn hard to find a scrapper for it.

Andy84

Veteran
Try bicarbonate of soda. I've heard it works very well.

Crankarm

Guru
Crackle said:
Two reasons, it's bonded to the car so I'd have to replace all the various plastic pieces that make up the boot and second it's damn hard to find a scrapper for it.

What car is it? I would have thought with the success of the car scrappage scheme there would be lots of cars one of which would surely be your car so you'd easily be able to replace the bits of yours that were contaminate, unless .......... it's your 1930 4.5 litre Bentley

fs_uw3761_1929_4.5ltr_blower_03.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Crankarm said:
What car is it? I would have thought with the success of the car scrappage scheme there would be lots of cars one of which would surely be your car so you'd easily be able to replace the bits of yours that were contaminate, unless .......... it's your 1930 4.5 litre Bentley

fs_uw3761_1929_4.5ltr_blower_03.jpg

Good god man, I don't take the dog in the Bentley!

No nothing exotic, a 2000 Subaru Forester but they're not common and seem to last.

dudi

Apologies Crackle, but I don't have any suggestions other than the ones already posted.
But you have reminded me to look into getting a boot liner to stop my car going the same way!
Thanks

OP
OP
C

Crackle

dudi said:
Apologies Crackle, but I don't have any suggestions other than the ones already posted.
But you have reminded me to look into getting a boot liner to stop my car going the same way!
Thanks

Do it: Before it's too late.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Right, just to finish the thread: I tried every suggestion on this thread plus a few more - none worked, my car stank, so bad, the kids stopped asking for lifts. Things were desperate.

Finally today, I pulled apart all the panels that cover the boot and spare wheel and dragged them all in, stuck 'em in the bath and turned the shower on them. I then scrubbed them and I mean SCRUBBED them, with Ariel gel, several times and rinsed them off. Finally, the skanky dog smell has gone, YEE HAH!

Trust me, get a boot liner if you've got a dog, especially one that loves skanky water, sand and mud.

Top Bottom