carpet cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Crackle said:
Interesting. That's the kind of Info I was looking for. It's only the boot I need to do. I did get it a lot cleaner but the smell has not gone. A kind of swamp smell.

Have you checked your socks??

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Crackle said:
It was the Morrisons one I used when I cleaned all the rugs but it hasn't been 100% succesfull, better but no cigar.

Why not just get the car valeted then?

Lisa21

Mooching.............
As I found out all2well last summer,spill a carton of milk in the car,that will soon mask the smell of swampy dogxx(

OP
OP
C

Crackle

snapper_37 said:
Why not just get the car valeted then?

'arf, 'arf :biggrin: I am not a 'car valeted' personage, it costs money you know and I'm not convinced this is within their capability.

Socks indeed, I'll have you Colly!

Norm

I think that the main issue here is that the cause of the smell is not only on the surface but will have got into the seat padding. Most stuff mentioned, especially the dry cleaners, will only work on the surface.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Get a new car ffs;):biggrin:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Norm said:
I think that the main issue here is that the cause of the smell is not only on the surface but will have got into the seat padding. Most stuff mentioned, especially the dry cleaners, will only work on the surface.

Well not the seats just the boot which is a very thin bonded carpet covering, so it doesn't need to penetrate deeply, so maybe a dry cleaner would work.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

BigonaBianchi said:
Get a new car ffs;):biggrin:

I can see the advert now.

For sale, 1 car, owner needs to have no sense of smell, good runner, excellent for carrying wet dogs who've been wading in skanky swamp water.....

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Dont know about the swamp water but I actually quite like the smell of wet dog:wacko:

But then we all know Im strange........................:biggrin:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Lisa21 said:
Dont know about the swamp water but I actually quite like the smell of wet dog:wacko:

But then we all know I'm strange........................:biggrin:

We do, oh yes, most definitely, none stranger in fact. :biggrin:

Norm

Crackle said:
Well not the seats just the boot which is a very thin bonded carpet covering, so it doesn't need to penetrate deeply, so maybe a dry cleaner would work.
Oops! I misread the OP.

I still think that you'd be lucky to get anything worth getting from a dry cleaner, we use the Vanish Mousse on carpets and car interiors and it works pretty well at both removing stains and smells.

Lisa21 said:
Score one for me too, but only fresh wet dog.

Our mutt gets called Bog Dog by the the Smallest in the house because of some of the swamps he finds.

Top Bottom