Carrera Vanquish frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Carrera Vanquish frame. 48cm seat tube and 54cm top tube, size small.

As many of you will know I crashed on it when riding over a drawing pin (gits)

I’ve had it checked over the bike shop and the frame is fine but the internal of the carbon steerer has started to delaminate which means a hammer is required to get the fork out and the headset removed off steerer.

The damage is just below the stem so if you cut the steerer you could slam it and ride it again but I’d personally turn get shot and replace with a new one. If you buy direct from Halfords they are £135 but a flat mount QR front wheel would work provided it was a tapered steerer.

Happy to leave sks mudguards and bottle cages on along with the 27.2mm seatpost and Cannondale saddle, 50:34 170mm crankset but want the pump. Say £50 posted?

If anyone would like a rolling chassis I also have the OEM wheelset which I swapped out for a pair of superstar components but will need cassette and disc rotors. They are boxed up and ready to post. £50 posted.

I do have this cheap fork coming for £25 that I could include, just can’t be bothered with the hassle of getting a crown reducer and then rebuilding- 3 kids means I don’t have time!!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14475423...x_DQmGJTia&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If anyone would like the groupset, a stem, fork, wheels and tyres to build up I’d be open to putting together a deal.

Attachments

• 2DC9C4FE-D800-4949-BAE4-D7DB33D6E5A1.jpeg
    2DC9C4FE-D800-4949-BAE4-D7DB33D6E5A1.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@bikingdad90
Do you still have the wheels ?, washing my vanquish and i have discovered that the rear wheel has a spoke that is pulling the rim apart :sad:
How much would you want for them now ?

OP
OP
bikingdad90
I do actually! Currently got a set of schwalbe land cruisers in 42c on them with 160mm rotors fitted.

Not sure what they are worth to be honest?

Can you claim on the warranty as I believe this model of Vanquish had a lifetime one?

cyberknight

I do actually! Currently got a set of schwalbe land cruisers in 42c on them with 160mm rotors fitted.

Not sure what they are worth to be honest?

Can you claim on the warranty as I believe this model of Vanquish had a lifetime one?

warranty would be for the frame not wheels , in fact ... Bike warranty does NOT cover: •. Tires and air chambers. •. Wheel and spoke deformation.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
Shame! What sort of price were you thinking?

Assuming I’d need to find a box and as the weight packaged up will be around 5kg, it will be about £10 to send via Evri/Yodel.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
Quite possibly. I’d personally be tempted to see if I could get hold of a Carrera off Facebook marketplace and do a wheelswap, likely to work out cheaper than wheels alone.

cyberknight

Quite possibly. I’d personally be tempted to see if I could get hold of a Carrera off Facebook marketplace and do a wheelswap, likely to work out cheaper than wheels alone.

not around here unfortunately, prices are always inflated .Just had a look on facefluff and ebay and people are asking £150+ for 10 + year old rim brakes bikes

cyberknight

Well i think a new wheel of non carrera branding is in order , just checked the wheel and looks like a number of spokes are going the same way .Thats the second wheel in 3 years as i bought a new one like for like about 18 months ago with the same issue .
Seems the wheel is just not up to the rigours of commuting as the rim must be too thin as it has no brake track , its not like im heavy at 10 .5 stone + panniers .

cyberknight

thanks
i went to decathlon yesterday and bought a wheel , im hoping the tyre is easy to mount ! I did toy with the idea of getting a like for like but as 1 have burnt 2 in 3 years and the freehub always sticks in freezing weather which i have never had on another bike i decided to change brands .

Top Bottom