Carrera vengeance or Subway ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpstebbo

I’m currently trying to decide between a Carrera hybrid subway E bike and a Carrera vengeance MK1 , One thing I would like to ask because the Carrera vengeance Mk1 model has caught my eye it is a mountain bike but is really eye catching, I’ve seen it in a Halfords store on my travels but when I asked in my local Halfords they said they don’t have that model and that it was probably one which has been recalled and had been refurbished / had the fault fixed , my local store said they didn’t have any but I had been told at the Selby store there were plenty available. This model had the “older” type of controller fitted and when I asked at my local store why it might have been recalled, the guy said it could be for any number of reasons, I really like the look of it but wondered if anyone on here has any experience with the MK 1 version, also just wondering if they were trying to dissuade me from getting that version as they couldn’t source any , Any advice or thoughts are most welcome.
Thanks
Mick

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems the Vengeance has had its problems :sad: Maybe best avoided.

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/carrera-vengeance-ebyke.40423/

OP
OP
M

mpstebbo

Thanks for that , it’s a shame but I’ll probably be leaning towards a subway E bike if I don’t get any encouraging reports
Thanks again

I think both share similar frames and identical Suntour HESC ebike components. Just one has a rigid fork and the other a suspension fork. There may be drivetrain and brake differences too although broadly similar.

They sell in such huge numbers that I'm unsure how to assess the reliability issues mentioned in forums when they have probably sold 100s of thousands of Suntour HESC bikes. Other Suntour HESC bikes which sell in tiny volumes in comparison rarely get mentioned on forums and they would be comparable sales numbers to many mid-drive ebikes that sell for multiple thousands typically.

Top Bottom