Cars and bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donnydave

Über Member
Trying to get my head around this, and failing.

Good driving roads do still exist in the UK, pick your time and place with a bit of care and an enjoyable time can be had. A few hundred horse power helps too, but is not strictly necessary.

To answer the original question, I absolutely love driving my car. My bike is useful for getting to work very cheaply, which then affords me the luxury of driving for pleasure at the weekend.

Love doing both.
Commuting in car is ok as I've got back roads to use before I get to Barnsley (where common sense expires and people drive mostly with their penises).
The fun is in going off somewhere new, like exercising the National Trust membership.

Colin B

I have to admit I'm kinda like a kid waiting for this bike (2 weeks tops) at the thought of after driving heading home the long way maybe even an hour on Clayton vale but I still love cars well fast cars anyways

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I used to be a motorbike obsessive, I only own one now and that has been 'nearly finished' for the last three years.
If I have any spare time the (pedal) bike comes out. I drive as part of my work and dislike it passionately.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The worst part is the yawning chasm between the fantasy and the reality. I should be tooling round alpine passes with the wind in my hair. In fact I'm beating my fists on the steering wheel, stuck in the rain in fifteen miles of stationary traffic on some God-forsaken stretch of the M25. Do I leap into the car thinking " Oh, I'm really looking forward to this journey?"

Er, no.

Colin B

Been a long time since the wind went through my hair , I find these days I talk to the satnav lady hoping she will one day talk back

Been a long time since the wind was in my hair. I'm down to a recede-dictated No. 3 cut now :huh:
As for beating my fists on the wheel? Doesn't happen. Anything the roads throw at me can never be as bad as some days in my job.
Hoping now for sunday morning to be nice and cold. Get the Scott out for a few Peak District miles. Not many alpine passes but it'll do nicely for me :hyper:

Colin B

Been a long time since the wind was in my hair. I'm down to a recede-dictated No. 3 cut now :huh:
As for beating my fists on the wheel? Doesn't happen. Anything the roads throw at me can never be as bad as some days in my job.
Hoping now for sunday morning to be nice and cold. Get the Scott out for a few Peak District miles. Not many alpine passes but it'll do nicely for me :hyper:
Shave it all off Nigel I did I two years ago and I love the smooth head look even if it takes me longer to shave now

Top Bottom