Cars and bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

double_dd

Über Member
It always seems to me that discussions around cycling always tend to be a cyclists vs drivers sort of thing. I always like to think I see both sides of the story as I'm really into cars and love going out for a drive as much as going out for a ride. It's often a tough choice which to do when it's sunny!

Anyone else like their car as much as their bike?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have found that the more I ride my bike, the less I like driving. I'm not anti-car in any way and I find nearly all drivers in London to be considerate to cyclists. It's just that driving isn't much fun really.

Colin B

Yeah I love driving that's why I decided to be a delivery driver . The cycling is more about enjoying my surroundings and getting fit which is why I decided on MTB so I could explore places eventually . I also love custom motorcycles and wish I could afford one but for now I just like looking at them

OP
OP
double_dd

double_dd

Über Member
I'm not so much a fan of driving in town for example, but love planning a route that takes me on some twisty roads and through nice scenery

I love riding anytime, but also love driving around with the roof down.........even in winter on a nice bright day, I think because I am a cyclist I tend to be more aware when approaching cyclists on the road, I am aware of what they may do so give them a lot of road and respect that they are in front of me, If theres a gap for me to pass them but not a line of cars I have deliberately held up traffic by waiting till the road ahead is completely clear before passing............nearly always get a wave too.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have a car. It never gets taken out for pleasure. All car journeys are commuting or getting me and a bike or my wife to a destination.

I have a CB500 motorcycle - the perfect motor vehicle for days out in the scenery when it's sunny. It has done 800 miles over the past five years.

I have several pedal bikes. All of them have a minimum annual mileage greater than the five year mileage of the Honda.

I'm really into cars and love going out for a drive as much as going out for a ride. It's often a tough choice which to do when it's sunny!

Bikes deliver more smiles per mile than any car can.

D

Deleted member 1258

The car is just for getting me and the Mrs about and doing the trips I can't do on the bike, its the bike that puts the grin on my face.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It always seems to me that discussions around cycling always tend to be a cyclists vs drivers sort of thing. I always like to think I see both sides of the story as I'm really into cars and love going out for a drive as much as going out for a ride. It's often a tough choice which to do when it's sunny!

Yes, but driving frustrates me more and more these days. Too many nobbers on ALL types of wheeled transport, sharing badly maintained roads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
double_dd

double_dd

Über Member
I agree driving does frustrate me too. I only really get to drive at the weekends so when it's sunny I usually plan a day out driving top down where there will be less traffic.

Disagree on the more smiles per miles on a bike. My bike doesn't have the sound of a flat 6 engine and thus will automatically lose! ha

I really enjoy my bike when I'm with others. Got my dad and brother involved cycling now so it's much better and I have a couple of guys at work that like cycing too.

I get a lot of enjoyment from planning rides or drives too. Bit weird maybe!

MikeG

Guru
Car driving is so very boring. .......

Well, that depends.

I own a 4x4 in Africa. It has a tent on the roof, and is kitted out with everything I need for living in the bush independently for weeks at a time. It is currently in the Kafue National Park in Zambia, and I'd challenge anyone to say that driving around there was boring. Context, as always, is everything.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, that depends.

I own a 4x4 in Africa. It has a tent on the roof, and is kitted out with everything I need for living in the bush independently for weeks at a time. It is currently in the Kafue National Park in Zambia, and I'd challenge anyone to say that driving around there was boring. Context, as always, is everything.

Sorry, let me put it another way.
I am not talking about the stuff outside of the windows I am talking about driving... that is boring

MikeG

Guru
Yep, really boring..........

2-23-2009_029.jpg
2-23-2009_052.jpg

Top Bottom