Cars in bus lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

And this is how i got to spend the day in maxillofacial surgery whilst the kind doctors put my face back together. Car pulls out of a junction into the bike lane ahead of me before abruptly putting the anchors on and stopping in the bus stop that crosses the bike lane.

This kind of driving is dangerous and irresponsible and should be reported to the police.

Your comment reminds me off when a HGV blocked a shortcut i go through ussually:
Back when i was at college on the way home:

There's this lane i cycle through as a short cut and a HGV was once just stopped in the middle of that short cut ( just talking to someone. I just had to get off and walk past with my bike. Like he wasn't even delivering anything. (i think back then it was a Iceland HGV.)

I had to go to the shops this morning and a HGV forgot to give way. (there was no company on it so i didn't know the company)

Also quite a few times back when i had work experience quite a few HGV's close pass you.

Also with your comment also that what if a bus comes? buses have priority in bus spots don't they?. Not to mention the quote you posted it was in a primary school zone too which was also more stupid.

Do you find HGV"s annoying as well sometimes.?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Bus lanes in Bristol have taxis and motorbikes in them to contend with. Buses are actually very easy to deal with as they stop every few hundred yards. Taxis shoot past and have the tendency to pull suddenly out of the normal lane to enter the bus lane when confronted with congestion. Motorbikes were allowed in Bristol bus lanes back in about 1996, more recently in Londinium thanks to some blonde politician.

mustang1

Guru
The signs say "go ahead and use the bus lane" then another sign just up the road says "dont use the bus lane" and there's usually a camera around there too, to assist in revenue generation.

Side note: these days, IDK how fast I'm supposed to drive. Is this a 20mph zone, a 30? The other day the car was telling me I can drive at 60. And and and I've been parking in this spot for 10+ years and then I got a parking ticket. They had changed the signs. I didn't read the signs. I gotta ticket. <Expletive>.

vickster

Legendary Member
The signs say "go ahead and use the bus lane" then another sign just up the road says "dont use the bus lane" and there's usually a camera around there too, to assist in revenue generation.

Side note: these days, IDK how fast I'm supposed to drive. Is this a 20mph zone, a 30? The other day the car was telling me I can drive at 60. And and and I've been parking in this spot for 10+ years and then I got a parking ticket. They had changed the signs. I didn't read the signs. I gotta ticket. <Expletive>.
How was the car telling you what speed to drive? Sat nav?
It’s generally considered safer when driving to look at the real road in front with open eyes rather than just listening to a disembodied voice with your ears ;)

mustang1

Guru
How was the car telling you what speed to drive? Sat nav?
It’s generally considered safer when driving to look at the real road in front with open eyes rather than just listening to a disembodied voice with your ears ;)

Yeah I think it's gps then displays it on the screen. Usually it's quite accurate.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Thanks for the information, as a freemason I did not know we had this privilege, will make sure to take advantage of it in the future.

Remember there's all the secret upper grades of mason as well. They don't even tell ordinary masons these higher grades exist

Remember there's all the secret upper grades of mason as well. They don't even tell ordinary masons these higher grades exist

Perhaps this is the Stonecutter lodge to which the Simpsons make reference too. I hope I survive the "Leap of Faith" when called upon.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Perhaps this is the Stonecutter lodge to which the Simpsons make reference too. I hope I survive the "Leap of Faith" when called upon.

There was a wonderfull Judge Dredd story decades ago where the plot involved "freeplumbers". Their secret handshake involved shaking hands underneath a lifted leg - as in the music hall joke "secret" masonic handshake - accompanied by the greeting "hello sailor". The perp hopes to get let off when Dredd returns the "secret" handshake, and is delighted to greet him as a fellow Freeplumber - however Judges learn all the secret handshakes and he gets an extra sentence for belonging to an illegal secret society. Why on earth did I stop buying it - it'd be hard to try and get the 1000 and odd back issues even at a quid a pop

There was a wonderfull Judge Dredd story decades ago where the plot involved "freeplumbers". Their secret handshake involved shaking hands underneath a lifted leg - as in the music hall joke "secret" masonic handshake - accompanied by the greeting "hello sailor". The perp hopes to get let off when Dredd returns the "secret" handshake, and is delighted to greet him as a fellow Freeplumber - however Judges learn all the secret handshakes and he gets an extra sentence for belonging to an illegal secret society. Why on earth did I stop buying it - it'd be hard to try and get the 1000 and odd back issues even at a quid a pop

Sponge Bob and Patrick are also part of conspiracy to bring masonry to the children. Cephalopod Lodge ,google it, you can watch the entire episode. Squidward gets kicked out of the lodge so as a group they create their own lodge, very funny.

Top Bottom