Cars without lights on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hackbike 6

hulver said:
It's bad in the dusk as well. Some cars don't put their lights on. Some put on their useless parking lights, some have full lights on.

I find it harder to see cars without lights on when I'm checking behind me. A gray car on a gray road in the gray half light is almost invisible. I've started taking longer looks over my shoulder, and even slowing down and practically turning around to look behind me before right hand turns.

It's a pain.

I've said this before but people like BentMikey (allegedly) just ridiculed when I said sometimes cars are hard to see in certain lighting conditions esp when they haven't got their lights on and we expect them to see us.

Maizie

Veteran
As a child, one of the cars my parents had was grey. The lights would always be on much later in the morning / earlier in the afternoon than on other cars - the car was tarmac-coloured and other road users don't always pay attention...

I Remembered this many years later, when my husband was ordering a company car, and he asked me to decide which colour - I said 'not silver or grey' (mist/fog-colour or tarmac-colour). He passed that instruction on verbatim, and a bright red car duly arrived! But now he doesn't want to ever have a silver or grey car either...he drives a lot and works on the assumption that all other road users are idiots, so with a slightly more noticeable car colour, at least he's trying to help them out a bit...

Suerdusty

Im in the habit now, when driving on motorways, to always have headlights on, something I picked up in Israel, every little helps!

Trillian

if visibility is a bit naff i'll put my tail light on flashing on the bike.

ended up driving a new golf earlier this year, seem to remember putting the lights on auto and not having any problems with it at all,

when i drive mine or my fiancee's car i put sidelights on most of the time that its not properly dark, they are older cars (1979 and 1996) and so the side lights actually show up instead of being a little LED

drive mini busses quite often and always always have sidelights turned on regardless of the amount of light, as it drops darker i'll flick the normal lights on.

hackbike 6

Get the odd car out here with no lights but the biggest problem I have had was with motorbikes without a working headlight.Firkin hell they are hard to see or at least they were last night.As recommended by BM that Fenix I used last night was magic.Even had two cars flash me so I had to dip it.(In Bangkok that is)

Top Bottom