Carsington water circular on a Trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jambutty53

Hi all
Just need some help or advice with a route around Carsington Water in Derbyshire on a trike-before I travel -- I have been on youtube and had a look at some videos -- but there is non I have seen posted using a trike - - the route seems to have some very narrow sections which would be fine on a bike but could be tight on a trike especially if meeting other bikes --
Just wondering if anybody has been around on a trike or similar and had any problems or is there more than one usable path or route around not shown on youtube
Thanks in advance for any replies
Dave

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
I haven't ridden the paths on a trike, but several years ago we towed a child's trailer and completed the whole trail. The width of your trike and a child's buggy won't be too different, and we managed to pass everyone we came across safely. Because of the location, I'd bet very few of the cyclists you'd meet will be time-trialling, so I'd expect there to be plenty of time for passing cyclists and you to move to each side. Obviously, coming across another trike rider may be tricky !

OP
OP
jambutty53

jambutty53

Hi –just a follow up to my post – and a many thanks to Bad Machine for the reply

Did the ride on the on the 20th – found the trail more than plenty wide enough all the way round -- but the loose stone surface was a problem for my wife on the trike –especially on some fairly [albeit short] steep inclines – where it was difficult to find any grip even with a powered front wheel and a peddle driven rear wheel and pushing was the order - I was on a Ebike bike with 20 inch road wheels and was also finding the stone surface difficult and slippy in a good few parts – so maybe we will stick to the local district disused train trails - which we like and find ok - and will leave this one to the mountain and hybrid bikers in the future – shame really because the area and visitor centre is Lovely and would be worth the 1hr 45 min one way drive if it was a better surface for us

Keep safe all

Dave

Last edited:
Top Bottom