Cassette Rubbing Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-143330.png
    Screenshot_20220206-143330.png
    257.4 KB · Views: 36

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yup, you fited it wrong. May I suggest you leave spannering to someone who knows what they are doing, given how the 'other' thread went.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I was just wondering how many people really need an 11 but could actually do with a bigger sprocket at the other end of the cassette. Either that or smaller steps between their gears.
Given the OP has found his error, lets digress, Miche Primator cassettes allow you to pretty much choose what sprockets you put on it (and only replace just the worn/ skipping ones) so I went from having a "standard" 11-28 as the usual choice to running 12-29 on my main road bike.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Given the OP has found his error, lets digress, Miche Primator cassettes allow you to pretty much choose what sprockets you put on it (and only replace just the worn/ skipping ones) so I went from having a "standard" 11-28 as the usual choice to running 12-29 on my main road bike.
I have a 10-speed (Campagnolo) 12-30 cassette on my CAAD5 which has a 48 tooth big ring. The bike I keep at my sister's house in Devon is a 1x11, so that has a crazy-wide cassette , 11-42! Mind you, that only has a 42 ring so the top ratio is less than 4:1. A 42/12 would be a bit low for a top gear.

Bear in mind I'm right at the limit of my understanding on this , I'm still putting vhs cassetes in the microwave
No, no, no - it should be Betamax for microwaved video! :laugh:

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Moving away from microwaves (is that to obliterate data on the cassettes?), What was the error the OP 'found'? A missed spacer? How could adding a spacer move the cassette away from the dropout. Sorry to be dense: help me here.
It's an 11 speed cassette.
The locking screw for the cassette was rubbing against the chain stay drop outs and tiny spacer in the freehub central axel locking nut moved the whole free hub and cassette a couple of mm away from the dropout and the point of fix for the whole rear axel is now centred on the central axel

Top Bottom