Cassette wheel set compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will an 8 speed shimano cassette fit on a shimano 11 speed freehub?
With the correct spacers it should do (I've had 8spd SRAM/Shimano cassettes on the same hubs I've had 10sp SRAM/Shimano cassettes on no problem).

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I hope so cause I've got a new wheel set and it's 11 speed and I run 8 speed on my commuter.

I can't edit my title, could a mod edit it for me and change it to compatibility. Ta

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Best to PM the Mods or report the post, rather than ask for the title change in-thread.
They may notice if they read the thread, but they may not!
I've reported your last post, so the Mods should pick it up soon :thumbsup:

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I can confirm an 8 speed shimano cassette will fit on a shimano 11 speed free hub if fitted with a spacer as I did it the weekend, fitted the 8 speed cassette onto a fulcrum 7 shimano wheel set.

I can confirm an 8 speed shimano cassette will fit on a shimano 11 speed free hub if fitted with a spacer as I did it the weekend, fitted the 8 speed cassette onto a fulcrum 7 shimano wheel set.
only just seen this post - yes it does.;) I have the same combination with the same wheels in the cx version. no issues (yet) and covered a fair few miles last week since fitting them and am really liking them.

Top Bottom