Cassette wheel set compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will an 8 speed shimano cassette fit on a shimano 11 speed freehub?
With the correct spacers it should do (I've had 8spd SRAM/Shimano cassettes on the same hubs I've had 10sp SRAM/Shimano cassettes on no problem).

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I hope so cause I've got a new wheel set and it's 11 speed and I run 8 speed on my commuter.

I can't edit my title, could a mod edit it for me and change it to compatibility. Ta

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Best to PM the Mods or report the post, rather than ask for the title change in-thread.
They may notice if they read the thread, but they may not!
I've reported your last post, so the Mods should pick it up soon :thumbsup:

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I can confirm an 8 speed shimano cassette will fit on a shimano 11 speed free hub if fitted with a spacer as I did it the weekend, fitted the 8 speed cassette onto a fulcrum 7 shimano wheel set.

I can confirm an 8 speed shimano cassette will fit on a shimano 11 speed free hub if fitted with a spacer as I did it the weekend, fitted the 8 speed cassette onto a fulcrum 7 shimano wheel set.
only just seen this post - yes it does.;) I have the same combination with the same wheels in the cx version. no issues (yet) and covered a fair few miles last week since fitting them and am really liking them.

Top Bottom