Castelli Alpha ROS 2 Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skiprat

Regular
Just returned an alpha light jacket. I’m large in assos so ordered both L and xl castelli, large was the best fit. Reason I returned is the backing on the bottom of the external zip was raw/sharp plastic which I felt woukd rub/scratch bib tights. Shame really as I thought it was pretty nice.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Has anyone purchased a Castelli Alpha 2 Jacket?

Would you recommend purchasing the jacket and what is the sizing like?

I bought a Castelli Alpha ROS 2 Jacket over Christmas. It is brilliant.

I would ride in a 5 year old Castelli Alpha Jacket and thought that was good but the new incarnation is superb. I have ridded in 1ºC with a base layer underneath and felt warm. It is really cosy inside but you don't feel sweaty, it's really breathable.

The sleeves are slightly longer than normal and have 2 cuffs so one goes in and one goes over your gloves. The neck line is great for keeping you warm when you don't want a buff. I was in a snow shower and no water got through at all. On the 1ºC ride I descended at 30mph and didn't feel the bitter wind at all on my chest or arms.

The fit is great. I'm usually XXXL and this is a tad more roomy but I wouldn't advise you size down. Nothing flaps around and the pockets are large enough for stuff.

I paid £255 from Wiggle and having owned it for a few weeks I'd gladly pay full price.

Top Bottom