Castelli bib sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozi

I own some castelli bib tights I bought a few months ago in a size large, I’m thinking about getting the shorts as well and maybe more tights.

I’m wondering if anybody knows what the difference would be in medium, everybody says to size up with castelli so I went for large but they are a few inches too long in the legs so I have to turn them up I keep thinking maybe a medium instead.

I am 5’ 9 and just under 80kg.

Mark pallister

Go a size up with all castelli
ive got sorpasso bib tights ,5,7 and 12st and there a good fit

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Only got one item of clothing from Castelli which is a jacket. It’s XXL ! It’s a neat fit . Not sure how the shorts would be I’m thinking might get away with XL . I’m 6ft and 15 and a bit stone. If that helps anyone.

Dwn

I’m a large in endura, XL in Rapha Core/Lusso and XXL in castelli. Sent the latter back because I could just about squeeze them on but the legs were way too long. Maybe castelli don’t want us less than svelte types wearing their gear!

shnjmsn

Über Member
I wear Castelli stuff most of the time, it suits me I like it and it performs...... I'm 6'3" about 14.5 stone. I generally wear XXL in everything Castelli and it's about right for me. Shorts and bib tights, both XXL and no long legs on the shorts, they are the right size. Depends on the style I guess as some may have slightly longer legs ? I do have longer legs though so maybe I just don't notice..........:laugh:

T4tomo

Guru
I own some castelli bib tights I bought a few months ago in a size large, I’m thinking about getting the shorts as well and maybe more tights.

I’m wondering if anybody knows what the difference would be in medium, everybody says to size up with castelli so I went for large but they are a few inches too long in the legs so I have to turn them up I keep thinking maybe a medium instead.

I am 5’ 9 and just under 80kg.
The crucial length with bib anything is crotch to shoulders, that what determines whether it fits. Clearly with shorts the leg length is irrelevant except for fashion / look, with tights a bit more of an issue. there must be a size guide somewhere to see how long in the back the mediums are and whether it makes any difference to leg length for tights. If not you may need to find another brand whose idea of leg length to back length is different. or not bother with bib-tights at all......

Personally I never buy bib tights. Just decent bib shorts and when colder use with un-padded roubaix tights, leg warmers or knee warmers depending on the temperature. Its a cheaper and more flexible system.

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s not shorts I have to turn up it’s tights.

Thanks for everyone’s input I might stick with large
Ah so you need to get a pair of longer legs ;)
or if that’s a bit extreme, try shorter tights

Last edited:
Top Bottom