Castelli Body Paint 2.0 Bib Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Just received my order from Castelli Cafe. They have had some stuff on sale that I have been watching for a while. Ended up ordering the Body Pain 2.0 Bib Shorts as heard that they were great. They have the same Progetto X2 Pad as my Sorpasso Thermal Bib Tights and use the Giro 3 elastic on the leg. They say that these things feel like you're wearing nothing and it's spot on. They fit they a glove!

Not had a test ride in them yet, but am sure that they will be perfect. Will find out on the weekend. Edit: Or perhaps not, looking at the temperatures expected!

I NEVER would have paid full price for them, but at 60% off who can argue!?!

Last edited:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Nice gear Castelli.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Read the label on how to care for them. I have a Bodypaint speedsuit I use for time trials and it needs to be washed at low temps and with non-bio washing liquid IIRC. I also put it in a protective net bag thing as both the bodypaint material, (and the net backing on the speedsuit) are pretty fragile. My only real gripe is that the leg grippers became a bit loose over the season, bare in mind I was wearing this garment for races only, not as every day cycle wear so it didn't actually get that much use, so I wouldn't exactly say it has longevity.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I wash all my gear at low temps. 30 degrees usually. I only use non bio and certainly no fabric conditioner. Then hang to dry. No tumble drying, ever.

Not had any issues with previous Castelli gear, although these are a lot thinner. The Giro3 tape on my tights hasn't changed since new, but it's on the ankles. Might be very different on the thighs.

I assume that they are race fit, so are tighter when standing, but perfect fit when in riding position. That's my theory on whether they fit me anyway.

Not bad for £70 though! I usually buy Castelli gear out of season to get decent sale pricing. 60% off the shorts and 30% off the jersey, as its a current winter item.

outlash

also available in orange
I bought a pair of these before Christmas. I've managed to use these once when the weather was warm enough and they're lush :smile:, I can see these getting a lot of use come the warmer weather.

Read the label on how to care for them. I have a Bodypaint speedsuit I use for time trials and it needs to be washed at low temps and with non-bio washing liquid IIRC. I also put it in a protective net bag thing as both the bodypaint material, (and the net backing on the speedsuit) are pretty fragile. My only real gripe is that the leg grippers became a bit loose over the season, bare in mind I was wearing this garment for races only, not as every day cycle wear so it didn't actually get that much use, so I wouldn't exactly say it has longevity.

A friend of mine said the same thing, he's bought the 2.0 version to replace it as apparently it addresses those issues.

Tony.

Top Bottom