Castelli fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drunkenjoiner

Hi all,
Looking at buying some Castelli bib shorts, probably the endurance 2. I am a 34" waist and the size guide says medium.
From previous online ordering experience I note that size guides can be a little off, so looking for real world experience. What size would any Castelli bib owners recommend for someone with a 34" waist and 5' - 8" tall please?

Kind regards

DJ

rockpig

Über Member
I’m 5’-11”, 34” waist, 78kg and need an XL in Castelli Endurance bibs and they are very snug. Castelli sizing is on the very small size in my experience.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Same here, I'm Joe Average at 1.82m and 77.5 kgs with a 32" waist (dunno what in metric) and my long-sleeve Castelli jersey in XL is a snug fit. You need to go up a couple of sizes as Castelli sizing is for teenage Italian racing snakes.

My advice is to save some money, support a small Manchester manufacturer and buy Lusso. The pads are every bit as good as those Castelli buy (there is only a limited number of pad manufacturers) and the fit excellent and British and exchange easy. They are manufactured 200 yards from where I work.

Here: https://road.cc/content/review/228210-lusso-active-aero-cycling-bibshorts

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I recently bought a Castelli mesh base layer. Size L/XL. I should have ordered Extra massive.

Yes the sizing is small. Go one size up. Possibly 2 sizes up.

OP
OP
Drunkenjoiner

Drunkenjoiner

Thanks everyone for the input, I felt sure that Castelli sizing was miles out but wanted real life feedback.
rockpig, thanks I will definitely take a look at the Lusso bibs not really to save money but as you rightly point out "Help" British businesses.

Kind regards
DJ

Globalti

Legendary Member
At least the Lusso sizing is correct. The small company is locally owned by a cyclist and employs about a dozen in Radcliffe near Bury. It's surprising to find clothing like this being manufactured in the UK and it really is the full A to Z, I've been in a few times and seen what they do. They dont really hold stock, they just manufacture to order.

nickAKA

Über Member
At least the Lusso sizing is correct. The small company is locally owned by a cyclist and employs about a dozen in Radcliffe near Bury. It's surprising to find clothing like this being manufactured in the UK and it really is the full A to Z, I've been in a few times and seen what they do. They dont really hold stock, they just manufacture to order.

They're great. Like you say some of it is made to order so there can be a bit of a delay, but the majority of the 'current' range is in stock. The sizing is true, the only companies I trust to buy with confidence are Lusso & Rapha, I do buy Castelli but have to buy large rather than medium.
I prefer the Lusso Carbon bibshorts to anything else I've tried. I bought some Rapha shorts to compare; the Carbon are cheaper & more comfortable.

Globalti

Legendary Member
*cough* I see you're in Manchester. If you call at the factory and sweet-talk the receptionist who is also the sales manager and admin manager she will sometimes give you a discount. I didn't tell you that.

nickAKA

Über Member
*cough* I see you're in Manchester. If you call at the factory and sweet-talk the receptionist who is also the sales manager and admin manager she will sometimes give you a discount. I didn't tell you that.

I've been over & collected a couple of times, there's an anodisers across the road from them we've used at work occasionally so it's always a handy excuse to nip in :laugh:

I'll try the discount thing next time, god loves a trier...^_^

Top Bottom