Castelli

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Have shorts and tights and amazing quality and comfort.

Travs

As people have said, you're not paying just for the name, there is purpose in the stuff too and its popular because it fits and does the job well it appears. But I wouldn't worry that you haven't got it - take pride in loving the gear that you've got because its different if nothing else. That's what Wilier owners do (ducks and covers)

bpsmith

Veteran
Castelli stuff is different. You see it about a bit, but I have Never seen anyone else with the same Castelli jersey as me. I suspect that it lasts very well and so the amount of stuff out there is worn for a long time, rather than every cyclist having bought it this year.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have a Castelli cap and some woolen gloves... just incase anyone's interested. No shorts or jerseys though. Too pricey for me and looks better on thin people.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Got a few bits of castelli kit, few bits of rapha kit.....enjoy wearing them, they are comfortable, but also have sportful and gore too

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I`m not saying this stuff isn`t good or comfortable, just seems to be the main entry criteria for any ride/event nowadays

Tojo

Über Member
Castelli stuff is different. You see it about a bit, but I have Never seen anyone else with the same Castelli jersey as me. I suspect that it lasts very well and so the amount of stuff out there is worn for a long time, rather than every cyclist having bought it this year.

I tend to buy cheaper gear as when your sliding down the road on you're arse, you are just thinking about the actual pain in said area and not you're pocket also....:shy:

bpsmith

Veteran
I tend to buy cheaper gear as when your sliding down the road on you're arse, you are just thinking about the actual pain in said area and not you're pocket also....:shy:
How often are you doing that though? Perhaps think of another sport if it's often enough that you have to factor that in.

Tojo

Über Member
How often are you doing that though? Perhaps think of another sport if it's often enough that you have to factor that in.

I've been riding two wheels ( petrol and one person power ) the majority of my life and have very rarely fell of either of my own accord, I was referring to a cycling colleague who is a brand bitch and is often on his arse......:rofl:

bpsmith

Veteran
I've been riding two wheels ( petrol and one person power ) the majority of my life and have very rarely fell of either of my own accord, I was referring to a cycling colleague who is a brand bitch and is often on his arse......:rofl:
That seems to have been missed in your post when you referred to "I" rather than "my colleague".

Good to hear it's not a fellow CC'er off the bike more than on it though. :smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i got a Chinese version :blush: does that count?
dunno, but both my son and i like ours, as does one of my club-mates. for £21 for a bibs and jersey set, you get something a lot better than anything at that price even from aldi or decathlon. whether it's as good as the real thing, i know not. i do have some genuine castelli, a 1994 tour de france maillot vert, but i know better than to wear it…

Top Bottom