1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Glasgow44, 20 Feb 2018.

1. Glasgow44

Glasgow44 Well-Known Member

2. Broadside

Broadside Veteran

Fleet, Hants
    I saw that earlier too, it is a good deal for a nice piece of clothing kit. Castelli does size up small. I can often get away with a Small jersey but in Castelli I need a Medium, so I would go a size up. They have all sizes available when I looked earlier, I expected it to be a reduced range of sizes but they seem to have the lot available.
  3. Bollo

Bollo Chaaaaaa!

Castilli size up extremely small - I usually have to jump two sizes up over most brands, although I'm more *cough* a triangular sprinter's physique than a straight up-and-down climbing snake. To give an example, I'm a Rapha/Wiggle medium, and Adidas Large and a Castelli XL.
  4. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Castelli size most of their clothing to be a snug fit, with no flapping material.
  5. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Accra, Ghana
    Yes those Ities are very small and wiry so expect to go up two or even three sizes. My Casteili jersey is XXL but I’d say it was a medium ( 40-42” chest) related to U.K. sizes.
    Last edited: 21 Feb 2018
  6. greenmark

greenmark Über Member

Hong Kong
    It's not just that Castelli sizes are small. They're inconsistent.

For example, I'm an M for the Gabba and an L for their Perfetto Light. They're both essentially the same jersey except the Gabba has a windstopper lining on the back and the Perfetto has a more breathable back without the lining. And the sizing is different.

Good luck.
  7. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Normally I’d say buy two sizes but Merlin charge for returns so it’ll cost you a minimum of £2.90 to send one back
  8. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Doesn’t the Perfetto have a stretchy material back, whilst the Gabba has more of a soft shell finish?

That would explain the difference in sizing, so you still get the snug fit.
  9. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru