Castelli

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
I saw that earlier too, it is a good deal for a nice piece of clothing kit. Castelli does size up small. I can often get away with a Small jersey but in Castelli I need a Medium, so I would go a size up. They have all sizes available when I looked earlier, I expected it to be a reduced range of sizes but they seem to have the lot available.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Castilli size up extremely small - I usually have to jump two sizes up over most brands, although I'm more *cough* a triangular sprinter's physique than a straight up-and-down climbing snake. To give an example, I'm a Rapha/Wiggle medium, and Adidas Large and a Castelli XL.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes those Ities are very small and wiry so expect to go up two or even three sizes. My Casteili jersey is XXL but I’d say it was a medium ( 40-42” chest) related to U.K. sizes.

Last edited:

greenmark

Guru
It's not just that Castelli sizes are small. They're inconsistent.

For example, I'm an M for the Gabba and an L for their Perfetto Light. They're both essentially the same jersey except the Gabba has a windstopper lining on the back and the Perfetto has a more breathable back without the lining. And the sizing is different.

Good luck.

vickster

Legendary Member
Normally I’d say buy two sizes but Merlin charge for returns so it’ll cost you a minimum of £2.90 to send one back

bpsmith

Veteran
It's not just that Castelli sizes are small. They're inconsistent.

For example, I'm an M for the Gabba and an L for their Perfetto Light. They're both essentially the same jersey except the Gabba has a windstopper lining on the back and the Perfetto has a more breathable back without the lining. And the sizing is different.

Good luck.

Doesn’t the Perfetto have a stretchy material back, whilst the Gabba has more of a soft shell finish?

That would explain the difference in sizing, so you still get the snug fit.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi there

I've seen this which looks great value. I've heard that Castelli size their clothes really small though:

https://www.merlincycles.com/castel...262037025&mc_cid=0d202592b6&mc_eid=6f14acaaf3

According to Castellis website it’s pretty much identical to the Puro 2 which is my best jersey.

I can’t link the comparison, but the blurb is here:
https://www.castelli-cycling.com/gb/velocissimo-2-jersey-fz-/p/451751217A

Top Bottom