castle combe series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
Original post. Sure. Always happy to

Premier skill would be once you're surrounded mid pack-trying to get out cleanly and sharpishly.

Second most important one is when you stand-you drop back 4-6 inches naturally compared to riders behind. So your wheel is drifting back and is something to be avoided if you want to keep the annoyance down. So working on power before you stand

Then there is naturally drifting when you turn and look behind you. Getting used to echelons or even just pacelines if its been a while and double echelons should you find yourself not in it and need to make another.
Holy shamoly there is at least a shovel full there.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
handbags.gif

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
First half of race
Screenshot_2014-06-12-22-07-39.png

Second half of combe race.
Screenshot_2014-06-12-21-59-30.png

Give it a pop @e-rider
I dropped a lap halfway through. Started getting pretty painful on the outside line. Jumped back on and dropped out @Bell to avoid any issues*

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member
First half of race
View attachment 47602

Second half of combe race.
View attachment 47601
Give it a pop @e-rider
I dropped a lap halfway through. Started getting pretty painful on the outside line. Jumped back on and dropped out @Bell to avoid any issues*
well in TTs I can only average 22.5 mph at the moment but I guess being dragged along in the bunch would increase that but I'm not sure I would recover from the increases in speed very well - it looks like the speed goes above 30 mph once per mile (I assume when someone attacks?)

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

well in TTs I can only average 22.5 mph at the moment but I guess being dragged along in the bunch would increase that but I'm not sure I would recover from the increases in speed very well - it looks like the speed goes above 30 mph once per mile (I assume when someone attacks?)

You'd do fine I think. I led the first lap pretty much@24-25mph which is a lot of power for myself being skinny and a begginner again, and didn't remain sheltered for the first 30minutes of it as I kept getting spat out the side. After I collected my thoughts and focused on ways to make life easier 30+mph middle bunch was much easier to maintain. I'll place next race probably.

That said, sometimes you just have to bite stem and get the fast spurts out the way no matter where you are in the bunch.

It helps to have your head cut off (huge drag contributor)
Screenshot_2014-06-13-13-33-15.png
lol

montage

God Almighty
You'd do fine I think. I led the first lap pretty much@24-25mph which is a lot of power for myself being skinny and a begginner again, and didn't remain sheltered for the first 30minutes of it as I kept getting spat out the side. After I collected my thoughts and focused on ways to make life easier 30+mph middle bunch was much easier to maintain. I'll place next race probably.

That said, sometimes you just have to bite stem and get the fast spurts out the way no matter where you are in the bunch.

It helps to have your head cut off (huge drag contributor)
View attachment 47657 lol
Tell me more about those premier bunch skills you were talking about earlier

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Tell me more about those premier bunch skills you were talking about earlier
They need working on as i said earlier. And currently not so much about getting out of pack fast but staying in it and not ending up leading an edge pace line.

I'll be changing my training plan to something similar as you described ^ earlier to up the anaerobic endurance or rather just higher repeatable power.

Top Bottom