Cat and Fiddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
not ridden it - fancy doing it, but not driving all the way to Stoke to ride back near home, then have to drive back ! Plus I'd be a few grand out of pocket if I walk in that shop. Just do not show me a Rourke 953.

SNC11800.JPG

OP
OP
JuanLobbe

JuanLobbe

Über Member
Well, managed to get up to the top of Snake Pass out of Glossop yesterday - killed me though. Great fun coming back down! Cat and fiddle is next!!

By the way can recommend Cafe Revive in Glossop - really nice.

400bhp

Guru
Combe Lane and Ridge Lane to Long Hill - Are these rideable on a road bike. The bit off Long Hill always looks a bit iffy - usually see MTB'ers ride up there ?

Combs Rd, which leads onto Lesser Lane then onto Old Rd.

The road is fine up until Old Rd, then it becomes very dodgy (there are remnants of a road there but the tarmac has disappeared). It is passable on a road bike IF it is dry AND you take it very slowly.

I think the top of Old Rd is one of the highest points in the peaks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Combs Rd, which leads onto Lesser Lane then onto Old Rd.

The road is fine up until Old Rd, then it becomes very dodgy (there are remnants of a road there but the tarmac has disappeared). It is passable on a road bike IF it is dry AND you take it very slowly.

I think the top of Old Rd is one of the highest points in the peaks.

Ah - just thinking of routes, if the road get's that crappy I don't think I'll be taking my best bike down there then. Pretty sure I've been that way on the MTB, many many years ago as I have a couple of mates who live in Combs

400bhp

Guru
Yeah, it's not one I would choose to ride again on a racing bike, but is a good idea if you want to miss out Long Hill.

OP
OP
JuanLobbe

JuanLobbe

Über Member
Did Cat and Fiddle today - loved it! Seemed an easier climb than going up Snake Pass - although maybe I just felt better today. Went back to Mcr via Buxton and Whaley Bridge. Top!

Top Bottom