Cat Fleas

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Bob Martin stuff is rubbish. Get on-line, VioVet, Zoo Plus and others and order the proper stuff. You'll need to register and pop in the animal's approximate weight for some of the flea treatments.

You also need a prescription from your vet for flea stuff I believe as Advocate, Stronghold are Rx only. Not sure about worm tablet (eg milbemax for cats).
I'm at the vet later with harry, will ask the vet give him the tablet as the cat isn't very amenable (unless it can be crushed/sprinkled over lickelix :rolleyes:)!!

johnblack

Über Member
A change in career for the wife means that we now get a very good deal on all pet medications, so the cat receives a once a month dose of Nex-Guard Combo, it's damn good, kills just about everything other than the cat itself.

I use Vet UK - guess the online retailers / online pet pharmacies are much of a muchness.

Milbemax is POM and you have to get from the vets @vickster - I use Drontal. Does the same thing (sorts all types of worms), but it's OTC and half the price IIRC. Although the Drontal tablets *are* somewhat bigger than Milbemax, so unless you're confident pilling your pet and know the tablet won't be spat out, then it's worth looking at other options.

vickster

Legendary Member
I use Vet UK - guess the online retailers / online pet pharmacies are much of a muchness.

Milbemax is POM and you have to get from the vets @vickster - I use Drontal. Does the same thing (sorts all types of worms), but it's OTC and half the price IIRC. Although the Drontal tablets *are* somewhat bigger than Milbemax, so unless you're confident pilling your pet and know the tablet won't be spat out, then it's worth looking at other options.

Thanks, we’re at the vet shortly, I’ll get them to administer while I hold Harry. It’s hard to do alone with a big cat with v long limbs even if he is mostly a sweetheart!!

Top Bottom