Cat stuff.... 😻

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Update on Dumpy Cat - having looked at all the numbers, he's being tried on a diabetic diet first to see if the condition can be reversed. He's a normal weight now, so that helps.

He is not happy because Tigs (the other cat) is still getting IAMS and Gourmet, which are obviously much tastier.

Slick

Guru
Update on Dumpy Cat - having looked at all the numbers, he's being tried on a diabetic diet first to see if the condition can be reversed. He's a normal weight now, so that helps.

He is not happy because Tigs (the other cat) is still getting IAMS and Gourmet, which are obviously much tastier.

I have a big cat who's entire life's mission is to consume as much food as possible. Its difficult when his brother is the exact opposite as he couldn't care less about food and just wants to play all day. We also have a kitten and when we try and feed them, the big guy usually gets everything that the other 2 leaves behind. I think we really need to try and cut him down before he ends up with a similar condition to your boy.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Dumps was neutered at a fully mature age, as he was a stray. He's the epitome of the fat eunuch - tomcat appetite, neutered cat metabolism. They are always at higher risk of diabetes.

Slick

Guru
Dumps was neutered at a fully mature age, as he was a stray. He's the epitome of the fat eunuch - tomcat appetite, neutered cat metabolism. They are always at higher risk of diabetes.

My boy was done whilst young, and we have seen some improvements in energy levels since we swapped from Royal Cain for indoor, to the same make but for neutered cats. He's an indoor boy, but we are looking to erect quite a big outdoor gym for them as soon as the weather improves.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Aaagh...Charlie got some dental work done today. That'll be £600 please. Hoping the insurance pays up - I've never made a claim before.

I had the same with Molly year before last. She had a clean and needed 3 out and it was £535, so probably at least £600 now :sad: I have a feeling dental work isn’t covered as it’s considered like a routine maintenance rather than an unexpected illness/emergency but I could be wrong.

vickster

Legendary Member
depends on the policy, but Petplan cover dental work if it was to resolve issues (eg gum disease, extractions etc) and not just a scale and polish...less the excess and in Harry's case I pay 20% of everything after the excess as he's now an old mog (still seem to get back more than I pay out with premiums)

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I think mine only pays for teeth damaged as a result of trauma. Tigs' top front teeth are chipped, probably from jumping off high walls (you can wince now) but it doesn't seem to bother him.

vickster

Legendary Member
Harry only has 3 fangs. Lord knows how/when he lost it… I just noticed one day but he had to go to the dentist to have it filed down, stump couldn't be removed

Slick

Guru
I kid myself on I'm helping them with their teeth by giving the denta bite things as treats.

Now I see what some people are paying I think I'll get them an electronic toothbrush instead. :laugh:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
You were right… animal friends don’t cover dental work! Eek! He needs to live at least another three years to pay us back in snuggles!!

Poor cat looked like death yesterday (pictured) but much brighter today!

IMG_9891.jpeg

Top Bottom