Cat using a cat bed ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
can it be ? a miracle !
1643384152181.png

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Weird creatures when it comes to beds aren't they. Buy them the softest, fluffiest bed and they'll ignore it forever, guaranteed. But leave a ripped old fleece or towel on the arm of a chair and they'll adopt that for the next six months, leaving it only to go and eat.

Of course eventually they give up on that towel or fleece too, and I wondered if it was because it's now too hairy or dirty, but no. No amount of you laundering it and fluffing it up will convince them to get in it ever again. They're completely done with that thing now, it won't ever appeal in the same way.

I often wondered if they don't like cleanly laundered cloth but as any cat owner knows, a neat pile of clean laundry is pretty much an instant magnet for cats. :rolleyes:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Molly has her own bed by the side of our bed . She goes to it when we go to bed but only for a couple of hours or so. Between 2 and 3 am, she jumps onto our bed, hoping we won't notice, and there she stays for rest of the night. :whistle:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
yep carboard box they love. i have a couple of big cushions on floor in front of radiators and they will use them.

leave a favourite jumper or jacket on a sofa and the beggars will be shedding hairs on it immediately though!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Buffy quite likes her bed.

Have assorted beds dotted all around the house. Sometimes it's as much as putting the bed in the right place (quiet, warm, sometimes up on a high surface) as getting the right bed.

Lexi loves the igloo in the dining room. It's next to the radiator, and when she's feeling cold, she'll tip the bed onto its side and pull it round so the hole is facing the radiator and thus she gets the full blast of heat.
IMG_4716_small.jpg

Poppy likes the large donut bed upstairs (also next to a radiator) but prefers the old fur coat that's on the table next to the window in my bedroom, as it's southwest-facing, and so gets the sunshine. Poppy is as much a magnet for sunshine as Lexi is for heat...
IMG_3053_small.jpg

Oh yeah, and they BOTH like cardboard boxes...
IMG_4018_small.jpg

Top Bottom