Caterham Configurator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Have fun!

Screenshot_20220103-075449~2.png

~ Caterham Cinfigurator ~

:becool:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The only car I lust after. Reminds me of my youth.

keithmac

Guru
I would go for the Atom, but both totally impractical (which I suppose is the point!).

Nissan GTR-35 for me still I think. Fast enough and more protection if you roll it over playing sill buggers on track :laugh:.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I would go for the Atom, but both totally impractical (which I suppose is the point!).

Nissan GTR-35 for me still I think. Fast enough and more protection if you roll it over playing sill buggers on track :laugh:.
The Atom's actually very good in that respect aiui, the Caterham less so. I love the Atom because it's so other-worldly, whereas I simply couldn't gel with the Caterham at all - it felt crude to me. Mind you, I got out of it and got into the S2000 I was driving at the time and the latter felt so soft and mushy it was remarkable, especially since it has a reputation as one of the more direct and 'edgy' road cars (in fact I couldn't get on with it at all, and sold it after 3-4 months)

figbat

Slippery scientist
I passed up the opportunity for an S2000, which is a regret I still hold. I loved it to drive but felt it was so compromised as a daily driver that I would get annoyed by it, which I didn’t want to happen. I had an RX-8 instead (when they were still newly-launched) which was a better car than many give it credit for.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm just imagining how long it would take me to get in and out of one of those and all the accompanying old man "oohs" and "ahs":laugh:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I passed up the opportunity for an S2000, which is a regret I still hold. I loved it to drive but felt it was so compromised as a daily driver that I would get annoyed by it, which I didn’t want to happen. I had an RX-8 instead (when they were still newly-launched) which was a better car than many give it credit for.
Agree, the '8 was a fine car, but it garnered something of a reputation, of course.

I took the S2000 on what I euphemistically call my trip to the bookshop (bookshop's in Machynlleth, a 350ish mile round trip) which I do in all of my cars and I came back absolutely cream crackered not having enjoyed the drive at all - mainly from having to hold 2nd for miles along twisty roads to be in with a chance of overtaking slow vehicles on the next straight. Mind you, I sold it privately for what I paid for it from a dealer, so not all bad 😊

Top Bottom