Cateye HL-EL400/410, strap arrangement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
My kids have taken the strap of my light, and for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out how it threads back in so that it clamps??

To be fair, I have think that I have sussed out the clamp end, its the other end that is confusing me and makes me think that there is something else missing?

Can someone take a close up photo of each end please and post it on here?

I have looked on the net and all I can find is the same picture which details nothing useful.

75331large.jpg

photography27

My kids have taken the strap of my light, and for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out how it threads back in so that it clamps??

To be fair, I have think that I have sussed out the clamp end, its the other end that is confusing me and makes me think that there is something else missing?

Can someone take a close up photo of each end please and post it on here?

I have looked on the net and all I can find is the same picture which details nothing useful.

75331large.jpg

turn it upside down....where the screw is to hold the black plastic onto the light there is a place where you can thread the strap through, so thread it through then have both ends together and put the black sliding thing over the two ends. thats about it lol

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
turn it upside down....where the screw is to hold the black plastic onto the light there is a place where you can thread the strap through, so thread it through then have both ends together and put the black sliding thing over the two ends. thats about it lol

Yes I have done that, but the two ends keep slipping apart?

There are little indents on the straps and the little black round piece has a very small "pawl" (for want of a better description?) that I assume should locate in one of these indents? But it doesn't hence the two ends just come apart.

Its not rocket science, but it is a crap design, which is why they dropped the idea in favour of other designs. Plus after all this I don't think that its suitable for oversize bars anyway?

Maybe time for a rethink.............?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Crap design indeed. Strap on mine broke - rubber seemed to have become brittle, either with age or by contamination with something (poss WD40?)
I just use a lockblock on it now as I didnt want to pay for another crap strap.

Top Bottom