Cateye Strada wireless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hutch118

id been looking for a decent computer for my bike and came across these which seemed to do what I've been looking for, it also comes with a cadence sensor. What's folks views and are they easy enough to operate and fit on the bikes.

Thanks. Hutch.

13 rider

Guru
I have the cheaper version doddle to fit .magnet on spoke , receiver cable tie to fork ,headset cable to stem, program wheel size and away you go .Are you sure it has a cadence sensor ? No mention on halfords website

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've got the version without cadence sensor on 4 bikes. Does what it says on the tin, no more no less. Easy enough to set up with the instructions given, don't forget to input tyre circumference.
Fit and forget until batteries run low after about 18 months to two years depending on use.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've got the version without cadence sensor on 4 bikes. Does what it says on the tin, no more no less. Easy enough to set up with the instructions given, don't forget to input tyre circumference.
Fit and forget until batteries run low after about 18 months to two years depending on use.
+1 for that^^. Had them on my bikes until I fitted a Garmin, great computer.

OP
OP
Hutch118

Hutch118

Yep definitly has a Cadence sensor with the kit. Thanks for the replies lads. Been looking at a few but better asking what folk think of them before making a mistake and buying the wrong one.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have two of them. The "second bike kit" is not much cheaper than the whole caboodle so I went mad. I have never had any problems in the last four years. I did once clock up a maximum speed of 72 mph, but that's probably because I'm a natural, highly-tuned superathlete....:whistle:

BTW, shop around. Prices vary quite widely.

midlife

Guru
If you do get one most people fit the fork sensor pointing backwards so if it gets knocked it doesn't get trashed ....

Shaun

Tojo

Über Member
If you get the one with cadence it mounts on the ODS chain stay.

Top Bottom