Catrike 700 ordered in Hyper Yellow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulM

Guru
So despite all my talk of suspended trikes and velomobiles I've ordered a Catrike 700. The winter promo discount and the Hyper Yellow colour helped to trigger the decision. I'm looking forward to being on 3 wheels again for the winter. I had a Catrike Speed previously but wasn't a fan of the 349 sized front wheels and limited ground clearance. The new 700 has 406 sized front wheels and much more ground clearance. I'm a speed junkie at heart I guess. I considered the ICE VTX+ (seat too low), the Carbontrikes (how to lock it up?) and the Windcheetah (joystick steering?) but the 700 looks like it will suit my needs best. The price and the colour were also in its favour.

Sailorsi

Recumbents - Exercise whilst lying down
Sounds good Paul! I can feel your smile from here! :hyper:

Falco Frank

Über Member
Lovely! That is one laid-back riding position....

Bonus is that at the end of a ride. someone could throw a blanket over you for a power nap :laugh:

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Just got a 700.

One of the best things I've ever bought or ridden, one three wheeled lump of lushness!

Found the stock tyres a bit wooden for around here and re shod her in kojaks.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Did you order it through wheel nv?

If so, look forward to the customer service. Second to none. :okay:

I expect I'm gonna have a problem with my varifocals. I think I'll need new glasses. ^_^

Yes, you will, it's my biggest hassle riding a recumbent. Still not really solved 1500 miles in.

I also have a pair of distance glasses with big lenses (think Dennis Taylor) which I got for driving because I have 4 fused vertebrae in my neck - so not easy to turn my head to look around. I can ride the recumbent in these - which gets over the blurred world you see riding a recumbent with varifocals.

But, then you have the problem of reading the cake menu at the cafe stop. And the big lenses let the cold draughts in at this time of year around the lenses and make my eyes water - particularly at night - so I can't see anything with the distance glasses either.

Fortunately, I'm long sighted in one eye and short in the other (years of looking into a rocks microscope with one eye and drawing with the other) so I can almost manage without glasses on a bike. I've been trying out these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolle-Sil...561450?hash=item258d5e5c6a:g:WOwAAMXQrNtR0~fK

Bought a pair in clear and also smoked. They fit close so that stops the eyes from watering, but reading the cake menu is still a bit of a challenge. Maybe I need to take my varifocals with me in a case (something else to loose..).

So, it's a real conundrum. On a par with fitting bottle cages, seat back bags, lights, mirrors, Garmin.... I could go on. It gives you something to think about (and spend money on) on these long wintry evenings! Recumbents eh? Don't ya just love 'em.....

Good luck with the trike!

Top Bottom