catrike speed after some SBGG abuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
i have put some miles on the trike,(30 per day, a average of 4 days a week up to the bad weather hitting and me seizing up) almost through the first set of front tyres
emo18.gif
love throwing her in to junctions at full chat outriging to keep her on all three
emo31.gif
i find it impossible to drift on any thing but ice, she just sticks to the road. the tric-q i can drift on damp roads
emo1.gif
the only problem i have had was one of the bolts on the disc brake calliper worked loose and fell out. i have got a bolt out of my parts box and all is fine now, i did not spot it at my 200mile shake down service
emo20.gif
which i should have done
emo48.gif

i have also shortened the hand grips as with bar end shifters you don't need them that long. they are a lot more comfortable now.

DSC00292.jpg

for the head rest, which every one complains about, i have two thick long zip ties threaded through the bottom and around the frame, leaving them sticking out with reflective tassels on have really helped with keeping the cars from getting close. the head rest is rock solid and i push against it going up hill.

if you look closely you can see the 12v stick on red LED strip and along the hear rest the 12v LED strip from a car brake light, with the front LED fog light and battery the system cost £15 and run at less than 3A with a small 2.3ah battery which slots nicely in to the long pocket under the seat you get a good 10hours of light before they begin to dim; the photo is of the ice-q but they are the same lights

Top Bottom