Cats named after events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Aye, Lister's pet that evolved into Cat. But ours was named by the kids who sang along to 'Saturday Night' when CD was on in the car - Red Dwarf was coincidental
Unless Grant Naylor had the same idea, but I don't know how they chose the name.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We've had loads of Shakespearean names over the years - Ophelia, Portia, Hamlet, Claudius, Horatio, Ariel but things started to slip with Dandy. Currently we have Miss Cassandra Moo-Pants, Trubble and Edgar.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Higgs

Named after Sir Peter. We got her round about the time of the confirmation of the Higgs boson at CERN and Sir Peter's trip to Stockholm

When we first got her she was frightened of th upheaval and hid, seemingly for weeks, in increasingly clever places in our flat. Someone on here naturally surmised the name was because had been so ellusive, but though it's a great notion, we'd not thought of that

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Higgs
View attachment 568994

Named after Sir Peter. We got her round about the time of the confirmation of the Higgs boson at CERN and Sir Peter's trip to Stockholm

When we first got her she was frightened of th upheaval and hid, seemingly for weeks, in increasingly clever places in our flat. Someone on here naturally surmised the name was because had been so ellusive, but though it's a great notion, we'd not thought of that
Awww, I thought you were going to say he was the son of Bo ^_^

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Ours is named Pippa, just because it sounded pretty... she was a rescue cat of about 3 to 4 years old. Since then (nearly 15 years on) her endearing habits of destroying things and vomiting on everything have led to her most usually being called "the twat".

IMG-20200922-WA0005.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Higgs
View attachment 568994

I think we all know who’s in charge in your house.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It's not the bloke in the chair reading, that's for sure
Yep - that cat has a very lazy Butler. Time to sit and read FFS :rolleyes:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Currently we wait on and serve 3 cats. Two of our own named by Daughter - Minstrel and Zazzles. Minstrel named after Malteser who chased her namesake sweets as a kitten (which Minstrel never did) and Zazzles named after that one in that episode of The Big Bang Theory. The 3rd one is daughter's which is staying with us for a bit until daughter's life gets sorted. Boringly named Rosie. Another cat which pre-dated all of these was Pushkin as in Pushkincat.

Cats should always have silly names IMHO :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Both long dead now - Bonza (Persian) and Muffi (British Longhair).

Bonza - dim as they come and moved perhaps 100m in his entire life. Went gaga for tuna.

Muffi - crazy cat who invented a leap out at the owners when they least expected it game. Beloved girlfriend (slutty minx) of Harvey the neighbours Burmese. She was besotted by his ability to slaughter full grown rabbits, pigeons, rats and even seagulls with amazing regularity - mice and other small vermin were beneath his kill capability and he rarely bothered with them.

AndyRM

XOXO
Cat names over the years:

Beowulf
Max
Tango
Bonnie
Clyde
Jared
Ruby
Olive
Harry
John

I don't currently have a cat, but I am planning to get one (a rescue). It's weird not having one strolling around.

Top Bottom