Caught out by the Shimano 10 speed tripwire, a warning !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

The Tiagra 10 speed brifters are crap. Nothing but problems with the cable not pulling back in on shifting, and then jamming. And my rear mech corroded after one year (4000 miles) and lost its "spring". This morning, for the fifth time this year the bike is off the road - just before the weekend.

In contrast the Tiagra brifters on my road bike and gravel bike have been nothing but reliable, as has the Tiagra RD on the roadie. These are 4600 if it makes a difference.

I've 10 speed Tiagra on my Eastway, I had the left Brifter fail on me and had to replace it, apart from that its been reliable, its 6 years old now and has done a fair mileage but is still shifting fine.

Edit, its done over 16000 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Umm was there some point where a Tiagra 10 speed series worked with old 105?
Just that my 15 year old 105 work fine with a Tiagra rear mech replaced about 5 years ago :eek:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Compatibility table from https://productinfo.shimano.com/download?path=pdfs/archive/2019-2020_Compatibility_v033_en.pdf

Looks like tiagra 10 speed 4600 series is compatible with 105 Ultegra etc. When it went to 4700 model series it diverged. Looks like Tiagra 4700 compatible with RX400 stuff.

8948C419-0B1D-42B5-BF52-04E36C8F0544.jpeg

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
As expected, Wiggle are refusing to accept a return. In their response they have ‘helpfully’ provided a link to a compatibility table. I’ve replied to them that it’s a shame they can’t provide such a link on their website, which simply describes the product as ‘road’ and ‘10 speed’ :angry:

Top Bottom