Caught Speeding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noru

Also if it's a company pool car, double check the dates & times you had the car.

If it's anything like our place there will be a record of who's had which pool car & when just incase it was someone else who also had the car on the same day.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That'll teach you. Hopefully.
I doubt it. Just like most car drivers.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was nicked doing 79 mph on a 70 limit road in Hampshire. If I had been doing 78, I wouldn't even have been contacted. I was offered a fine or a course in Winchester. I live in London and decided that I would rather pay the fine than spend a day away from work. My insurance premium would have been higher on renewal so I switched insurers. The new insurers were more expensive but a lot less than staying with my original one. I didn't speed routinely before the fine but I'm more careful now. It was a useful lesson.

simon.r

Person
The option to do the speed awareness course varies by region I believe. Some years ago I was caught doing 37 in a 30 in Leicestershire. I was offered and did the course, but was told that anything over 37 would have been an automatic fine and points.

That was in 2006, so things may have changed since then.

TVC

There are 11 people working in my office, nine have done the speed awareness course and one doesn't drive. It's difficult to find a driver that hasn't done the course these days.

The course is quite interesting, and I was shocked to see how ignorant of the highway code and the meanings of road markings that some people were.

damj

I was informed today by my boss that i was caught doing 60 mph in a 50mph zone in the Company car...this is my first driving faux pas in nearly 40 years of driving...i know i'll get a fine of some kind ...will i get points on my licence resulting in higher insurance premiums?...bit very annoyed
Go for the speed awareness apparently you don't have to declare. Oh and take yer bike next time :smile:

wonderloaf

Veteran
Are you obliged to tell them if you have been on a course and is there anyway they can check your answer?
Mrs W recently did the course and was told you don't have to declare the fact unless asked.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
On mine, I was the only one that knew a) the correct speed limits for all the roads/vehicles and b) that you could cross solid white lines to overtake something travelling less than 10mph.

I was also the only person to get to the course by public transport as I don't own a car. I got flashed doing 33 in a 30 limit in a hire car.

I found it very interesting, particularly the stopping distances at 70mph vs 100mph. That was a big surprise to me.

stephec

Legendary Member
Cough. Never had so much as a parking ticket.
Yeah right, we know what you've been up to. :biggrin:

mayescar453_468x249.jpg

That'll teach you. Hopefully.

I doubt it. Just like most car drivers.

Do we really need the personal attacks

My experience was 35 in a 30

Could not understand that, so went back on the bike to look at the site

Yes there was. a 30mph sign, but totally obscured by vegetation

Sorted on appeal

The assumption that all speeding offences are deliberate is really really rather unrealistic

Top Bottom