Caution - Aldi cycle shoes (MTB type)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
This happened to my Lil shoes, I had to take the cleats out of the pedal with a screw driver, I am going to fit new cleats, I thought the problem was in the quality of the cleats so I have some shimano ones, somewhere.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On a non related note i lost the little pad out of one of my shoes, the bit that goes under the sole over the hole for the cleat plate ages ago and made one but its never been 100 % so if anyone has one from a dead pair of shoes i would be grateful as i cant seem to find where you would get a replacement one unless somones google fu is better than mine ?

potsy

Rambler
I was very sceptical about the Aldi gear before I tried it, some of it is quite decent though.
Not tried the shoes as I don't think they look all that good, and I already have some Shimano's, but base layers, windproof jackets, showerproof jackets, and mitts are definitely worth getting, especially for commuting :thumbsup:

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
If you contact Aldi with the photographs I'm sure you'll get your money back. Have to say though the Husband has used Aldi shoes for years with no problems, you just may be unlucky. The husband also bought a drill from Aldi which broke before the 12 month waranty ran out they replaced it toot sweet with a much better model. Might be worth giving them a call you can get the HQ number from your local store.

Jdratcliffe

i had the same but from a DHB pair its not the shoe walking around you can loosen the cleat always check your cleat blots regularly.

Christopher

Über Member
I have ridden them on fixed. The sole is lacks a little stiffness and the shoe is a bit bulky but no issues as such.

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
i had the same but from a DHB pair its not the shoe walking around you can loosen the cleat always check your cleat blots regularly.

Yeah I think this is what happened. I am not the type to finger tight bolts but it has made me now check stuff over all the time.

I have ridden them on fixed. The sole is lacks a little stiffness and the shoe is a bit bulky but no issues as such.

I have used my shimano pair bought off CRC for a couple of commutes now and all seems well. If others have had no bother with lots of mileage then as long as it has prompted someone to check and saved an incident it will have highlighted what can happen.

Top Bottom