Caution using Collect+ courier service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
Posting to report a current issue with a purchase from Wiggle. As nobody was going to be in I opted for this service which allows you to collect the parcel from a local shop. Costs £2. Brooks saddle ordered (B17, in honey) plus a few other bits.

email received to say parcel ready for collection so off I trot with barcode and driving licence. "sorry no parcel" say the store.

So from the warmth of the car I phone Collect+ customer services who phone the store. Apparently the parcel is there, but "Wiggle haven't put the necessary details on it for the store to release it. You'll have to take up up with Wiggle". So it's got enough info on it to identify the parcel, but Collect+ can't resolve it. Sigh. Hands washed.

Email to Wiggle sent. Their CS has always been good for me so hopefully it will get sorted quickly. No response within 24 hours though...

Frustrating to know my saddle is there but I can't get it. Right now I would caution against using this kind of service. Collect+ picked up the parcel from Wiggle, you'd think the labelling would have been checked at that point! Or on delivery to the store.

lanternerouge

Veteran
Posting to report a current issue with a purchase from Wiggle. As nobody was going to be in I opted for this service which allows you to collect the parcel from a local shop. Costs £2. Brooks saddle ordered (B17, in honey) plus a few other bits.

email received to say parcel ready for collection so off I trot with barcode and driving licence. "sorry no parcel" say the store.

So from the warmth of the car I phone Collect+ customer services who phone the store. Apparently the parcel is there, but "Wiggle haven't put the necessary details on it for the store to release it. You'll have to take up up with Wiggle". So it's got enough info on it to identify the parcel, but Collect+ can't resolve it. Sigh. Hands washed.

Email to Wiggle sent. Their CS has always been good for me so hopefully it will get sorted quickly. No response within 24 hours though...

Frustrating to know my saddle is there but I can't get it. Right now I would caution against using this kind of service. Collect+ picked up the parcel from Wiggle, you'd think the labelling would have been checked at that point! Or on delivery to the store.
That's a shame RM. I've always found Collect+ really smooth and easy to use. One unlucky package perhaps?

vickster

Legendary Member
Ditto, I've used it dozens of times, to return stuff. Never an issue and cheaper than Royal Mail for bigger parcels. About to send something today actually

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
I can accept that Wiggle could have mislabelled it and also that the store can't let it go without being able to prove I am the purchaser.

But...

Surely Collect+ have a duty to check labelling is in order when they collect the parcel?

And...

If the Collect+ person could move it from "there is no parcel" to "the parcel can't be released" then they've found it and identified it. So they know it's mine. So they could provide the missing info to the store and resolve this.

"sorry guv not our problem" just wasn't good enough. Call me fussy.

Labeling is a must have for parcels, all jobsworths are the same.

My tent delivered to work, my name on it, but as it "didn't have my personnel number" the guard would not release it..... Moron.

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
OK, Wiggle did some chasing around and it turns out the store found the parcel, it's correctly labelled and I've now got it. Phew.

Cock-ups happen, no big deal. Store staff are busy and things go astray, not worried about that. But I do take exception to the Collect+ customer services telling me it was there but incorrectly labelled. Even if that was true they shouldn't have washed their hands of it.

Top Bottom