Cav attacked in home burglary!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Poor guy - this is awful. I can't imagine how terrified they all must have been, especially with him injured and vulnerable. Horrible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/59585168
I just saw that in my thread about his crash. Yes, bloody awful!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The CCTV image isn't great. I know nighttime CCTV is difficult but it looks like they were robbed by teletubbies :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bimey. Potentially a blessing he wasn't in any shape to fight back - I also guess they didn't know who whe was otherwise they might have raided the garage. Terrible thing.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Glad he and his family were not hurt. They only got away with a couple of tacky watches and a suitcase.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just read that as well. The only saving grace in this was that no one was physically hurt, even though the emotional distress could never heal.

Interesting (to me at least) that he mentioned the watches. Cav is a big watch geek and counts Richard Mille as a friend. If you believe the story Mille gave Cav his own watch back in 2016. List price would have been around $250k back then, but with that provenance it probably ups the sentimental (and monetary) value.

I do wonder whether the robbery was targeted at the watches.

linky here for background..

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-watch-lovers-guide-to-the-tour-de-france

Dayvo

just passin' through
Blimey, Ongar is almost my neck of the woods.
Lots of big isolated old farm houses/barns out there, with no close neighbours so might be nigh on impossible to catch them, especially at that time of night. 🙁

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Local job I shouldn't wonder. Can't be too bright which is par for the course around there. Who would want to steal watches that will be almost impossible to sell on due to being so unique and traceable. And a suitcase?

Last edited:
Top Bottom