Cav hanging up his wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Good for him ! Takes courage to get out while you’re near the top - but realise you’ve peaked and there’s only one direction ahead for you. Too many hang on; and achieve nothing but a tainting of their aura…..

Lots and lots to do outside of cycling. And I’m sure he’ll manage to earn a crust…😎

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Good for him ! Takes courage to get out while you’re near the top - but realise you’ve peaked and there’s only one direction ahead for you. Too many hang on; and achieve nothing but a tainting of their aura…..

Lots and lots to do outside of cycling. And I’m sure he’ll manage to earn a crust…😎

i doubt he needs to work another day if he desired .

Slick

Guru
I suppose he is of that age and is just ready to go, but I have always enjoyed watching him.

I don't think I really got him in the early days as he came across as arrogant, but I soon came to realise he was just super focused and quite aggressive at times, and I love that.

I would love him to get just one more - preferably at the Tour just to sort that out

put it won;t happen

Very pleased to see him up with the best at the Giro this year - hasn;t won (so far!!) but he has shown he still has the speed - just that yard or so less speed or endurance than the best on their day
but that is still one of the best on the World

which is a good time to retire

Jameshow

Veteran
End of this season, turned 38 last week so he has had a fantastic career anyone would be envious of and taking the decision to bow out while he is still at a good level rather than struggling in smaller and smaller teams at lesser races .
DS or commentator next ?

Makes me feel quite young!!

Top Bottom