Cav the new Gazza?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freewheel

hi
I have been watching the TDF , great first week with a bit of every thing in it. Having seen Cav come back with really good timed sprints and the following presentations, his reaction on the first win seemed to remind me of another sporting star from the past- Paul Gascoigne.
The more I read about him and watch him the more similar they look, the awkard relationship with the media, the emotions always just under the surface etc.
I hope for Cav that he does not follow in Gazzas foot steps when his career has become a distant memory. Does anyone else see the similarity?

Was he crying?

515mm

hi
I have been watching the TDF , great first week with a bit of every thing in it. Having seen Cav come back with really good timed sprints and the following presentations, his reaction on the first win seemed to remind me of another sporting star from the past- Paul Gascoigne.
The more I read about him and watch him the more similar they look, the awkard relationship with the media, the emotions always just under the surface etc.
I hope for Cav that he does not follow in Gazzas foot steps when his career has become a distant memory. Does anyone else see the similarity?

Nope.

Not till he goes out and gets pissed with that fatuous daffodil Danny Baker and starts slapping his Mrs around.

OP
OP
F

Freewheel

hi

Nope.

Not till he goes out and gets pissed with that fatuous daffodil Danny Baker and starts slapping his Mrs around.

Yes guess that would be the final stage of the metamorphisis, that and turning up at hostage situations trying to help out!

Paul_L

Über Member
i don't think Gazza had an awkward relationship with the media. He courted the media and the media loved him for it.

Cav doesn't make any allowances for the media and that's why his relationship is a bit frail.

I loved Gazza at the time, and his tears in 1990 were for what was taken away from him. Cav's tears were an outpouring to reflect the back luck / bad form / bad tactics were finally behind him.

So no, no comparison for me.

Top Bottom