Cavity wall insulation and grants.....anyone understand this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
These are NHBC certified builders, doing literally hundreds of new homes per year.

What's wrong with it?

There are literally hundreds of NHBC registered builders earning lots of money pulling the stuff back out as well.

Look, if it works for you then great. I was involved in far too many projects, including one of my own properties to have any faith in it and my experience tells me its just a ticking time bomb.

CXRAndy

Guru
I found the material, it's knauf blown rock wool

NHBC accepts the use of Knauf Insulation Supafil 40 Cavity Wall Insulation, other than in very severe exposure locations with fair-faced masonry, provided it is installed and used in accordance with this Certificate, in relation to NHBC Standards, Chapter 6.1, External masonry walls

https://www.knaufinsulation.co.uk/products/supafil-34

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Just had another bit of a thought regarding new builds and this stuff. New builds are already insulated to standards that wouldn't be recognised even 10 years ago. Its all kingspan in every available void now and windows and doors really have moved on to such a level that its actually more important to vent a new build house rather than suffocate it further with that wall stuff.

newts

Veteran
These are NHBC certified builders, doing literally hundreds of new homes per year.

What's wrong with it?

Unfortunately NHBC doesn't guarantee quality in new homes, never has done & never will (its run by the builders & not impartial) . Trying to get proper rectification works done under NHBC is nigh impossible, they just paper over the cracks & bodge everything. Current quality of construction on sites I've visited in recent years is disgraceful.

Slick

Guru
Unfortunately NHBC doesn't guarantee quality in new homes, never has one & never will (its run by the builders & not impartial) . Trying to get proper rectification works done under NHBC is nigh impossible, they just paper over the cracks & bodge everything. Current quality of construction on sites I've visited in recent years is disgraceful.

I agree.

I have my own suspicions as to why that is but I probably should keep them to myself as its in such common use I would upset someone.

Top Bottom