Cav's Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From Cycling News "“The competition wants to destroy Mark Cavendish's Tour preparations,” Piva told sporza.be., because they are jealous of his six stage wins last year."
Oh please. :wacko:
Teach the idiot some manners and all would be well.

leveret

Smokin Joe said:
Their helmets touched down fairly lightly, which they would do as they add a couple of inches to the heads diameter.

No life saving protection in evidence though.

:wacko:

MajorMantra

Smokin Joe said:
Their helmets touched down fairly lightly, which they would do as they add a couple of inches to the heads diameter.

I'm not getting into the helmet debate, but I don't see how you could say "lightly". Cav, Haussler, and the guy in blue all hit the ground with their heads - quite hard as far as I can see.

But maybe the helmet caused the crash, the superman theory ;-) Cav felt safer and went faster resulting in a crash ;-)

The whole helmet thing is boring :wacko:

Cavendish looks to have escaped relatively unscaved
He concluded that the Manx sprinter did not suffer any serious injuries. “We are not worried about his condition. It's just pain, nothing broken.
its folk like Arnaud Coyot I feel sorry for.

Having seen the video for the first time; I think its fair to conclude that Valerio Piva is on drugs and its not EPO!
And what drugs is the commentator on? 'It wasn't Cavendish's fault, Haussler was leaning too' Total garbage IMO Cav veered left idiotically and Haussler just held his line, what was he supposed to do!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
oakroyd said:
Are we going to teach him the manners to say 'After you Thor, of course Mr Boonen, i'll get out of your way'

Perhaps at least the manners not to spit on someone you have just caused to crash...

raindog

er.....
Do we know if the spitting thing actually happened? Seems a bit excessive even for Cav.

EDIT
superb pics by the way

MajorMantra

raindog said:
Do we know if the spitting thing actually happened? Seems a bit excessive even for Cav.

It's never been reported without the "allegedly" prefix as far as I know. I thought it sounded a little unlikely but who knows?

Archie

Errrr.....
MajorMantra said:
It's never been reported without the "allegedly" prefix as far as I know. I thought it sounded a little unlikely but who knows?
I think it's bull - some rivals seem keen to pile the pressure on the dominant sprinter from last year. This innuendo is just more mind games. Plenty of cameras at the scene but no evidence so far. Doesn't seem very credible.

Sadly for Cav it seems to be working - he was definitely at fault for the crash and would have won the sprint if he'd stayed straight.

From Haussler's blog: "During the crash I hit my head on the ground, a lot of the details are really fuzzy, I cannot really recall everything. Fortunately after examinations in the hospital there were no serious issues. Crashes happen, it is part of the game and there is always a lot of talking going on, people told me Cavendish spat on me. That for me crosses the line of what’s acceptable."

Archie said:
I think it's bull - some rivals seem keen to pile the pressure on the dominant sprinter from last year. This innuendo is just more mind games. Plenty of cameras at the scene but no evidence so far. Doesn't seem very credible.

Sadly for Cav it seems to be working - he was definitely at fault for the crash and would have won the sprint if he'd stayed straight.
Sorry, but the idea that a load of teams have ganged up to invent lies just to upset Cav is a lot less credible than Cav himself displaying his charmless side, yet again.

Smokin Joe said:

Watch carefully, Cav gets hit in the back of the helmet by a handlebar, something like that hitting you at 40mph in the head would of killed him.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
iAmiAdam said:
Watch carefully, Cav gets hit in the back of the helmet by a handlebar, something like that hitting you at 40mph in the head would of killed him.

If it had been enough to kill him with a helmet it would have left him with serious injuries even with one. As it was the helmet didn't even deform.

Top Bottom