CC Dark and White Peak Ride. March

Which dates would you be happy to make

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The ride is going to be on Saturday 21st folks.

I may well do a Strines ride too and another one on another weekend but have to go to Leeds again this weekend and was totally knackered last weekend and didn't end up doing a Strines run at all along with Gale force winds :smile:.

a_n_t

hmmm..... its 33 miles from here to ladybower, dont fancy 66 miles on top of this route!! Anywhere to park at ladybower?

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

a_n_t said:
hmmm..... its 33 miles from here to ladybower, dont fancy 66 miles on top of this route!! Anywhere to park at ladybower?

Yes. You can park in the four car parks around north half of the reservoir (pay I think), there is quite a few spaces just past the bridge and the plugholes (free). Just round the corner there is an additional car park but I've never been in it (southern half but closer to our meeting point). There is also additional parking above and beyond this further off. I think theoretically you could park in Bamford but wouldn't recommend this.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

I don't think we'd decided yet. My idea from the other thread was 10 or 11am meet at Ladybower. I know how long it takes Longers to get over the Snake and Bokonen will probably have a half hour or so cycle to the start. It takes me less than an hour and a half to get there. I'm open to times really. Liverpool is obviously a lot further away than the people mentioned above.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not going to be able to do this - 20 miles there plus the 45/50 and 20 back - the shoulder won't take it...been very sore last day or two..... love to do it though - hopefully later in the season...... just short rides for me at the mo....

Have a good 'en !!!

Bokonon

Über Member
Has a start time been decided yet? Providing people can make it to the start for an 'early' set-off, leaving around 10:00 would give a couple of hours riding before a cake stop around 12:00-12:30 which would be most civilized (assuming we are actually near civilization at that time!) Thoughts?

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

I put 10:30am on the calendar as I had no response.

As for cake stops. There's one in Eyam if you want a very early one. I think there are ones in Ashford and Bakewell further on. Monyash or deviating to Flagg is about half way round. There's then various choices towards the end of the route.

longers

Legendary Member
Bokonon said:
OK, 10:30's cool. I hadn't seen the calendar entry - it didn't occur to me to check there!

Same here, 10.30 is fine by me. I know it's a few days off but the weather forecast is looking not too bad at all.

Top Bottom