CC Dark and White Peak Ride. March

Which dates would you be happy to make

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
CC ride in the Dark/White Peaks area? This was proprosed in the other thread but unfortunately I didn't set up a poll. Will set up a Strines one at some point too. Proposed route, meet at the Plughole of Doom at Ladybower reservoir

Ladybower-Hathersage-Grindleford-Eyam-Foolow-Ashford-in-the-Water-Bakewell-Monyash-Blackwell-Tideswell-Castleton-Hope-Ladybower.

Distance 45 miles

Saturday 7th March (afternoon perhaps 2pm and shortened slightly)
Sunday 8th (earlier 10 or 11am start)
Saturday 14th (afternoon perhaps 2pm and shortened slightly)
Sunday 15th March
Saturday 21st
Sunday 22nd March
Saturday 28th
Sunday 29th March

longers

Legendary Member
Voted.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Any thoughts on the route? I just added a poll as it seemed to work for the York ride and unfortunately you can't add polls afterwards :wacko:. I suppose I should vote on my own thread :rolleyes:. I made it a bit shorter at 45 miles as there are a fair few number of hills and wouldn't be impossible to get there, ride around and get back. There's always quite a bit of variation on possible stop offs on that route although I can't remember what on earth is at Ashford.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
longers said:
The route sounds good to me, I'll need directions to the plughole though :blush:.
Just look over the wall at the south end of the reservoir next to the A6013 - you can't miss it! (Actually, there are two 'plugholes' but only one is by the road.)

There are some great pictures of them here.

Christopher

Über Member
hi
Sounds good - although I can also make Sat'day the 14th - forgot to tick that box so there should be two votes for that date

Bokonon

Über Member
Depending on getting accommodation, I could make any of the dates - I'll vote when I have confirmation of availability! I should be able to turn it into a nice 100K :biggrin:

Bokonon

Über Member
marinyork said:
I made it a bit shorter at 45 miles as there are a fair few number of hills

But you managed to skirt around the fun ones like Monsal Head and Winnat's Pass ;) !!

There's always quite a bit of variation on possible stop offs on that route although I can't remember what on earth is at Ashford.

There's a pub and an ice cream/tea shop, IIRC.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Yeah it's 7 or 8 miles from your brother's house to the plughole Bokonen. Talking of which I was thinking of doing the Strines ride on Sunday 15th as I don't think either of the next two saturdays would be ideal.

Monsale Head is only a very slight diversion from that route. I suppose Winnats could be incorporated if we did it in an anticlockwise direction.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
longers said:
The route sounds good to me, I'll need directions to the plughole though :girl:.

You don't - Derwent water from A57, go past, turn right over the bridge - the plug holes are at the end of the lake in both corners.... look at the lake - big holes literally....

Could be interested too...

Chris James

Über Member
fossyant said:
You don't - Derwent water from A57, go past, turn right over the bridge - the plug holes are at the end of the lake in both corners.... look at the lake - big holes literally....

Could be interested too...

Derwentwater is in the Lake District:biggrin:

I guess you mean Ladybower, although Derwent reservoir is past Fairholmes car park, and also off the A57 where you had a previous Cycle Chat meet, so you might have meant that!

Top Bottom