Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC ECOSSE Commonwealth Games road races meet-up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
14 times round the road race circuit ... should be quite a spectacle then, and with some good tight corners to slow them down a wee bit for spectating/photo purposes

Any suggestions on the best places to watch from the locals, along both courses?

T :hyper:

zizou

Veteran
14 times round the road race circuit ... should be quite a spectacle then, and with some good tight corners to slow them down a wee bit for spectating/photo purposes

Any suggestions on the best places to watch from the locals, along both courses?

T :hyper:

I was going to suggest Montrose Street which had the best atmosphere for the national champs.

However the map seems to suggest the route is going the other side of George Square -. I dont know if this is accurate or not or the result of the map being poor!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I watched the nationals from Great George St in Hillhead - mostly due to the highly convenient vicinity to my office...

For the time trial course I reckon the sharp turn and hill up Royston Road might be a good spot.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Just over a month to go now ... :hyper:

According to recent news, it looks like a certain Bradley Wiggins will be there, among others ...

T

fimm

Veteran
So, who is planning on being there? I've been at the two triathlon days and there have been great crowds and a great atmosphere. I will be over for the Time Trial as well as the Road Race. I still have not worked out where I might stand for either event, or whether bringing the Brompton would be useful or an encumbrance. Any thoughts?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I won't be watching either, sadly, due to my impending move.

I wouldn't bother bringing a brompton for the road race - just pick whether you want to watch in the City Centre or in the West End. Could be useful for the TT, though, to get from a train station to the course.

lesley_x

Über Member
I'm going for the TT and road race. I'm just going to go to Kelvingrove Park area and hope for the best since there's no concrete info on the route. If anyone can enlighten me please do!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I'm going for the TT and road race. I'm just going to go to Kelvingrove Park area and hope for the best since there's no concrete info on the route. If anyone can enlighten me please do!

Go over to the other side of the University and plant yourself on Great George St - a rather steep hill up from Byres Rd. Plenty of places for refreshments too, if needed between laps.

Top Bottom